Advert

Latest

41 minutes ago
Advert
an hour ago
Advert

Most Popular

2 days ago
Advert

Mike Tyson vs. Roy Jones Jr Will Have A Belt On The Line When They Meet Next Month

Mike Tyson vs. Roy Jones Jr Will Have A Belt On The Line When They Meet Next Month

Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr will compete for the WBC Frontline Battle Belt when the pair meet in an eight round exhibition on November 28, according to reports.

The World Boxing Council have created the special belt for the California-based pay-per-view event billed as 'Frontline Battle' to help make the fight appear more official in the eyes of the public, report BoxingNews24.

Images of the belt, featuring the Black Lives Matter tag, surfaced online last night.

Advert


The boxing bout between Tyson and Roy Jones Jr was scheduled to take place on September 12 but was postponed.

It's said the main reason for the cancellatio was Tyson's representatives feeling a rescheduling could bring extra revenue - a sentiment Jones and his team concurred with.

Advert

The fight will now take place on November 28th at the Dignity Health Park, Carson after it was pushed back, with two minute rounds being confirmed last month.

More Like ThisMore Like This

1 of 6
Boxing

Mike Tyson Is A "Shredded Beast" At 54-Years-Old And Fans Are Worried For Roy Jones Jr

In terms of rules, Jones recently revealed the WBC have made the decision to make the bout shorter.

He explained that the boxing governing body are thinking of the fighter's safety given their combined age is 105, but believes the rule change makes 'Baddest Man on the Planet' even more dangerous in his first fight for 15 years.

Advert
Rules Changed For Mike Tyson Vs. Roy Jones Jr Bout, Says Promoter
Boxing

Rules Changed For Mike Tyson Vs. Roy Jones Jr Bout, Says Promoter

published ata day ago

"They've got me doing eight two-minute rounds now. That's to his advantage too. Everything's to his advantage, that's to his advantage to," Jones told Joe Rogan, as per Boxing Scene.

"At this point, the fans are so excited about it, I wouldn't want to pull the rug from under the fans... and they (Team Tyson) will try and sue me. It's not really worth it, so I'm going to go in and do these two rounds , but I'm going to have to work a little bit faster than I expected to."

"They decided this just last week. They change stuff on me by the week. I think the WBC came in and said they want to put up some kind of title or something, so they want to cut it back to two minute rounds. They said something about the Arce and Chavez Sr fight, how fatigued they were after the fight and they feel like that's a safety measure.

Advert

"But what they don't realise is that the longer you keep Mike fresh, the more dangerous that is for me. I need to get Mike un-fresh quick, so that I can get out this danger zone.

"(Chavez Sr) and Arce fought a 'true' exhibition with headgear and big gloves, but they said they were so exhausted afterwards, that they felt that is what could inhibit somebody's health.

"I want it to be three minute rounds, it's safer for me."

Topics: Mike Tyson, Boxing News, Roy Jones Jr, Boxing, WBC

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Juventus Are Interested In Signing Manchester United's Donny Van De Beek Next Summer
published at41 minutes ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Football

Diego Maradona Has Passed Away Age 60 After Cardiac Arrest

published at2 days ago

Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare is a writer at SPORTbible. He's interviewed some of the biggest names in sport, including Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Pele, Carles Puyol and Tim Henman. He dabbles in all things sport but football is his biggest passion. He was once hit in the head by a wayward strike from Nicky Butt and lived to tell the tale.