Kubrat Pulev Claims That Anthony Joshua Fight Will Happen In May
IBF mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev has confirmed that he will fight Brit superstar Anthony Joshua in Istanbul in May.
Joshua, 30, avenged his only defeat to Andy Ruiz Jr last month to become a two-time unified heavyweight champ.
But the IBF has wasted no time in calling for 'AJ' to face the Bulgarian Pulev, who he was scheduled to fight in 2017.
Pulev's official Facebook page has now posted a link to an article that claimed the upcoming fight will take place at the Vodafone Park in Istanbul, Turkey.
The IBF confirmed last week that Joshua had until the end of the month to agree to fight terms with Pulev.
"I have just been told that the Pulev and Joshua camps have asked until January 31 to negotiate," an IBF spokesperson told Sky Sports.
Joshua, who has reiterated his desire to become undisputed champion, has been keen to hold his next bout in the UK.
More Like ThisMore Like This
And the two-time champ's promoter, Eddie Hearn, suggested that the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium could have hosted his next fight.
Along with pressure from the IBF over Pulev, the WBO has ordered 'AJ' to fight former undisputed cruiserweight champ and mandatory challenger Oleksandr Usyk.
However, Matchroom boss Hearn has revealed that he wants Usyk to face Dereck Chisora next, with the victor taking on the winner of Joshua vs Pulev later this year.
"Conversations are ongoing with all parties to plan what's next and it will really come to a head over the next few weeks," he said.
"We are still awaiting clarification from the governing bodies to confirm who is chronologically next, but right now everything is in play.
"In terms of Usyk versus Chisora that is still a potential outcome, but 7th March is unlikely. Instead we have March 28th on hold at the O2."
Featured Image Credit: PA
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read