Anthony Joshua has retained his world heavyweight titles after defeating Kubrat Pulev in front of 1000 fans at Wembley Arena.
AJ boxed his way to ninth round knockout win to retain the WBA, IBF and WBO world heavyweight titles in his first fight in over a year.
The 31-year-old came in weighing 240.8lbs, three lbs heavier than when he defeated Andy Ruiz Jr.
Both fighters started off incredibly cagey, but Joshua managed to hit Pulev with a sharp jab in the first round.
"I'm very confident, but I don't underestimate the power of prayer." :pray:
What an entrance from Anthony Joshua! :fire:
Watch #JoshuaPulev live on Sky Sports Box Office! pic.twitter.com/HEeqmTpoy5
- Sky Sports Boxing (@SkySportsBoxing) December 12, 2020
Joshua started the second round on fire and levelled the Bulgarian with a five-punch combination, which Pulev smiled at.
In a similar strategy to his last fight, Joshua maintained distance in the second and used his massive reach to attack the body.
But he could smell blood in the third round and unloaded at will, wiping the smile of Pulev's face and rocking the 39-year-old.
Despite the dominance, Pulev did grow into the fight and throw some firm hits in the middle rounds after bringing the former Olympian close.
Round seven saw Joshua regain control and he managed to keep his distance effectively.
Joshua then sealed a win towards the end of the ninth round after a huge punch.
Following the fight, he told fans it was all about 'less talk and more action' while admitting he didn't want to do an interview.
Watford-born Joshua's record now stands at 24-1 and next up could be a highly-anticipated title unification clash with WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury.
When asked about a fight with Fury, Joshua said: "Wembley Arena, can you hear me. Let's make some noise!
"One thousand fans, I love you all. Boxing is about less talk and more actions and I hope everyone was satisfied.
"For me, I stuck to what I know best. The boxing. I don't really want to do an interview. Go and have a lovely Christmas and we'll see you in 2021.
"You ask the crowd what they want to see.
"Last year, 2019. I want to challenge. It's not about the opponent. It's about the legacy and the belt. If that's Tyson Fury, let it be Tyson Fury. It's no big deal."
Featured Image Credit: Sky Sports
- BREAKING: Anthony Joshua accepts Tyson Fury's call out
- Anthony Joshua hands out wads of cash to people at his local estate
- Anthony Joshua issues statement after bizarre behaviour following world heavyweight title defeat to Oleksandr Usyk
- BREAKING: Oleksandr Usyk defeats Anthony Joshua for a second time to retain undisputed world title