To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
| Last updated
But Mayweather did return to the squared circle in December 2018 as he systematically took apart Japanese kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa in an exhibition fight.
Now, YouTuber Keemstar has tweeted out that a "boxing insider" has told him that Mayweather vs Paul will happen this year.
The Fighting News' Mike Feinberg said in a YouTube video last weekend that Mayweather had put pen to paper for the Paul fight.
"I've got some breaking news for you. Floyd Mayweather Jr is coming out of retirement and has just officially signed a contract to fight in an exhibition match against Logan Paul -- YouTube sensation Logan Paul," he said.
Mayweather vs Logan Paul this year!
No joke... that's boxing insider just told me... pic.twitter.com/uh2UW9Wkdo
- KEEM (@KEEMSTAR) September 16, 2020
A contract has been signed and the fight is happening@FloydMayweather vs @LoganPaul #PatMcAfeeShowLIVE pic.twitter.com/b3MwBzW0fR
- Pat McAfee (@PatMcAfeeShow) September 16, 2020
"I don't understand the fight. Logan Paul has tried his hand at professional boxing -- couldn't the other nobody [that] nobody's ever heard of before. [Paul's] now zero and one.
"He's going to be fighting one of the best in Floyd Mayweather. It's going to be a joke of a fight, but it's signed. It's official.
"I heard it from a reputable source today and even saw the signed picture of the signed contract where Floyd signed on the dotted line for this exhibition match."
The American star, who previously welcomed the idea of fighting in MMA, suffered a split-decision defeat at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
However, Paul called out Mayweather last November after he took to Twitter and tweeted out a simple message: "Bring it."
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read