sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Jake Paul to face Nate Diaz in a boxing match on August 5
Home>Boxing
Updated 18:06 12 Apr 2023 GMT+1Published 17:57 12 Apr 2023 GMT+1

breaking

Jake Paul to face Nate Diaz in a boxing match on August 5

Jake Paul will return to the ring against Nate Diaz.

Nasir Jabbar

Nasir Jabbar

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

A blockbuster clash between YouTuber-turned-boxer Jake Paul and former UFC superstar Nate Diaz is set for August 5.

Paul vs. Diaz will be a boxing match and contested over eight rounds at a catchweight of 185lbs, taking place in Dallas, Texas.

The 26-year-old has relentlessly called out the Stockton slugger, who fought out his UFC contract when he beat Tony Ferguson last year.

He submitted Ferguson at UFC 279 in what turned out to be his final appearance inside the famed Octagon.

Advert

The 37-year-old, who has fought the likes of Conor McGregor, Jorge Masvidal and Leon Edwards in his legendary MMA career, will now try his hand at boxing.

Jake Paul vs. Nate Diaz is set. Image: DAZN
Jake Paul vs. Nate Diaz is set. Image: DAZN

Paul, meanwhile, will return to action for the first time since suffering the first defeat of his professional career.

He lost to Tommy Fury, losing a split-decision in Diriyah, Saudi Arabia, last February.

On his bout against Diaz, he said: "My last fight didn’t end the way I wanted, but the result was the best thing that could have happened to my professional boxing aspirations. Now, the world thinks I am vulnerable, when all I am is more focused than ever. My team wanted me to take an easy fight like KSI next, but that’s not how I am built.

"Nate Diaz is considered one of the most bad-ass fighters of all time, but he and his team have been running their mouths for too long. People tell me Nate has been training with Andre Ward for years. That he has insane stamina. That he refuses to back down. Good for fucking Nate. I haven’t forgotten about the slap backstage in Arizona, and on August 5th, a Problem Child is going to piece up and knock out the Stockton G."

Diaz added: "Besides Canelo he’s the biggest thang in boxing. I’m here to conquer that. I’m the King of combat sports and then I’m headed back to get my UFC belts.

"I f**ked up Conor for acting out and now here I am again, like a Super Hero of the Real Fight game, the King of the Real Fight game.”

Featured Image Credit: PA/DAZN

Topics: Jake Paul, Nate Diaz, Boxing

Nasir Jabbar
Nasir Jabbar

Nasir Jabbar is a journalist at SPORTbible. He graduated from Bath Spa University with a BA in Media Communications. He's a combat sport aficionado and has contributed to MMA websites AddictedMMA and CagePotato. Nasir has covered some of the biggest fights, while interviewing the likes of Conor McGregor, Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury and Darren Till. He's also an avid Bristol City fan.

X

@NasJabbar

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

16 hours ago
a day ago
2 days ago
  • Candice Ward/Stringer/Getty
    16 hours ago

    Floyd Mayweather aims staggering $175 million lawsuit alleging fraud at former associates

    This is crazy.

    Boxing
  • Getty
    a day ago

    Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua date revealed by Eddie Hearn in latest update

    The fight continues to be pushed back as both fighters are preparing for their respective warm-ups

    Boxing
  • Getty Images
    2 days ago

    Venezuela Fury reacts to comments about £5million wedding gift package from parents Tyson and Paris

    Venezuela Fury has reacted to comments about the £5million wedding gift package from her parents Tyson and Paris.

    Boxing
  • Getty Images
    2 days ago

    John Fury leaks details of furious phone call with Eddie Hall that started Tommy feud

    John Fury has detailed the phone call he had with Eddie Hall that started his feud with Tommy.

    Boxing
  • Jake Paul confirms his next boxing opponent with $200m purse agreed
  • "Unacceptable" - Jake Paul bans boxing star from all MVP events after backstage altercation
  • Two UFC Legends In the Mix to Face Jake Paul as Statement Released
  • WBC respond to claims Jake Paul has agreed $200million purse with Canelo Alvarez