Conor McGregor has posted a video on social media not long after coming out of surgery, thanking his fans for their continued support while also providing an update on his injury.
The Irishman also took the time to unload on Dustin Poirier, blasting his rival for "celebrating an illegitimate win".
McGregor left the T-Mobile Arena on a stretcher after breaking his leg in the very first round of his grudge match against Poirier at UFC 264.
The freak accident saw McGregor's ankle snap instantly after he awkwardly stepped back during an exchange.
McGregor has now confirmed that he did, in fact, break his tibia bone - the exact same one that Anderson Silva and Chris Weidman also snapped.
"What's up, fight fans," McGregor said in the clip.
Onwards and upwards we go ☘️ pic.twitter.com/qKgochlT3t- Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) July 12, 2021
"The Notorious here. Just out of the surgery room, everything went to plan. Everything went perfect. I'm feeling tremendous. We've got six weeks on a crutch now and then we begin to build back.
"I want to thank all the fans all around the world for your messages of support. I hope you all enjoyed the show. I want to thank all the fans in attendance at the T-Mobile Arena - 21,800 fans in attendance.
"The place was absolutely electric. It was a hell of a first round. It would have been nice to get into that second round and then, you know, to see what's what. But it is what it is, that's the nature of the business. It was a clean break of the tibia and it was not to be.
"Dustin, you can celebrate that illegitimate win all you want, but you've done nothing in there. That second round would have shown all.
"Onwards and upwards we go, team. We dust ourselves off, we build ourselves back and we come back better than ever. Let's go, team."
Poirier made the bold claim that a checked kick from earlier in the bout is what actually caused the bone to break.
"He fractured it on one of the kicks at the start of the fight," Poirier told UFC commentator Joe Rogan.
"It was probably cracked and on the twist of the punch it finished him."
The horrific injury to arguably the biggest MMA star on the planet left everyone watching stunned, including UFC president Dana White.
"It sucks, it's brutal," White said in his press conference.
"It's not the way you want to see fights end. Dustin Poirier will fight for the title and when Conor's healed and ready to go, you do the rematch, I guess. I don't know."
"The fight didn't get finished. You can't have a fight finish that way. We'll see how this whole thing plays out.
"Who knows how long Conor is out. Poirier will do his thing until Conor is ready."
Featured Image Credit: Instagram/PA
- Dustin Poirier Hints At UFC Booking Fourth Conor McGregor Fight, Reckons They're Waiting For Him To Heal
- Conor McGregor is being sued for millions of dollars by a former close friend
- Conor McGregor Asked When He's Fighting Charles Oliveira And The UFC Champion Responded
- Conor McGregor is being 'sued' by close friend Artem Lobov for millions over Proper Twelve dispute