| Last updated
McLaren official have confirmed that Lando Norris was mugged in the aftermath of England's Euro 2020 Final defeat the hands of Italy.
The Formula 1 star was in attendance at Wembley Stadium as his Three Lions side fell agonisingly short of ending 55 years of hurt with a victory on home soil.
But it wasn't to be on the night and when Norris returned to his $300,000 McLaren GT supercar after the match, he was greeted by a group of thugs who were there to mug him.
While Norris wasn't hurt during the incident, it's understood the individuals involved did manage to get away with his $75,000 Richard Mille watch.
The 21-year-old was visibly shaken up, as you can probably imagine.
"McLaren Racing can confirm that Lando Norris was involved in an incident, after the Euro 2020 final match at Wembley, during which the watch he was wearing was taken," the McLaren F1 team said in a statement.
McLaren Racing statement on incident involving Lando Norris at Wembley Stadium last night.- McLaren (@McLarenF1) July 12, 2021
"Thankfully, Lando was unharmed but he is understandably shaken. The team is supporting Lando and we are sure that racing fans will join us in wishing him all the best for the British Grand Prix this weekend.
"As this is now a police matter we cannot comment further."
Thankfully, people on the scene were able to give an eye witness account of exactly what happened.
"Lando was held and another robber pulled off his watch in a split second," a witness told The Sun.
"Lando looked pretty shaken up. Security had been a nightmare all night."
Unfortunately this wasn't the only incident that occurred on the evening of the European Championships climax.
The final was somewhat marred by events that unfolded prior to kick-off when ticketless gate crashers stormed Wembley Stadium.
Things then turned ugly when paying football fans took exception and started attacking them.
Footage of the awful incident flooded social media with many people pointing the finger at the arena security were clearly outnumbered and struggled to to maintain control of the situation.
"We will do a full review and we will work with the police to catch anyone involved and make sure we can prevent it ever happening again," Football Association boss Mark Bullingham told BBC Radio Four.
Unbelievable footage of violence in Wembley tonight. A literal child gets punched by a full grown man and an Asian man is kicked repeatedly in the head by several people. Disgusting behaviour. pic.twitter.com/NLtvjgF8Fe- Kyle Glen (@KyleJGlen) July 11, 2021
What's wrong with people? Disgraceful scenes.pic.twitter.com/OvPgaJ6Vp4- Chamatkar Sandhu (@SandhuMMA) July 11, 2021
"Anyone caught will obviously be banned and have the right action taken against them.
"We run a stadium, not a fortress. We have got a fantastic security team at the stadium and they had never seen anything like it."
Then, of course, there was even more disgraceful scenes that occurred after the final whistle when three of England's players were racially abused by fan online.
Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho and Bakayo Saka all had their social media accounts flooded with words and emojis conveying every single racial slur under the sun.
Some of the biggest names on the planet, including Prince William and even Lewis Hamilton, have now come out and condemned the abuse hurled towards the players and have even called for social media platforms to do better in bringing a stop to it.
Featured Image Credit: Instagram/@landonorris/PA
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read