| Last updated
The 53-year-old German has played an instrumental role in transforming the Reds into a formidable title-winning side since he arrived at Anfield in 2015.
Klopp led Liverpool to the Champions League final in 2018 and saw his side lose 3-1 to Real Madrid.
But the former Borussia Dortmund head coach guided his side to the Champions League trophy the following year.
Klopp's Liverpool side pushed Manchester City to the final day of the 2018-19 season in the hopes of capturing the Premier League title.
While the Reds fell short in that campaign, the Liverpool boss ended the club's long league title drought last season by guiding his side to the trophy.
The Daily Star named Klopp top of the pile for the best manager currently active in world football.
Falling behind Klopp in second place was Atalanta boss Gian Piero Gasperini, while Real Madrid manager Zidane took home the third spot on the list.
Posted below are the 20 best managers in world football right now, according to The Daily Star.
20. Carlos Carvalhal (Rio Ave/Braga)
19. Marco Rose (Borussia Monchengladbach)
18. Nuno Espirito Santo (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
17. Jose Bordalas (Getafe)
16. Roberto De Zerbi (Sassuolo)
15. Julien Stephan (Rennes)
14. Julen Lopetegui (Sevilla)
13. Jesse Marsch (Red Bull Salzburg)
12. Jorge Jesus (Flamengo/Benfica)
11. Diego Simeone (Atletico Madrid)
10. Antonio Conte (Inter Milan)
9. Pep Guardiola (Manchester City)
8. Maurizio Sarri (Juventus)
7. Thomas Tuchel (Paris Saint-Germain)
6. Marcelo Bielsa (Leeds United)
5. Julian Nagelsmann (RB Leipzig)
4. Hans-Dieter Flick (Bayern Munich)
3. Zinedine Zidane (Real Madrid)
2. Gian Piero Gasperini (Atalanta)
1. Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool)
Featured Image Credit: PA
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read