| Last updated
Cristiano Ronaldo is the second-fastest player to reach half a century of goals in Serie A.
The five-time Ballon d'Or winner notched his 50th goal in the Italian top flight in the 3-0 win over Fiorentina on Sunday - reaching the historic tally in an impressive 70 games.
Only Andriy Shevchenko has taken less games to bag 50, having done so in one game fewer during his peak years at AC Milan.
Ronaldo Nazario, who was the world's most expensive player when he made the switch from PSV to Inter Milan, ranks third on the list after scoring 50 in 77 games.
Switching gears to the other side of Milan, AC's Marco van Basten took 83 games to hit 50 - which is pretty commendable considering some of the injury problems the Dutchman had in his early days at the club.
Michel Platini is the only midfielder in the top ten, with the Frenchman getting to 50 goals in his second season with Juventus.
The legend that is Gabriel Batistuta occupies sixth spot on the list with a record of 50 goals in his first 85 games, one ahead of David Trezeguet.
Edin Dzeko, still doing the business at Roma, scored 50 in 92 games after leaving Manchester City for the Italian capital and slots in at No.8 at the list.
Adriano's 50 goals in 95 games for the likes of Parma, Inter Milan and Fiorentina sees him in ninth, just in front of Gonzalo Higuain, who completes the list.
Here is the list in full:
1. Andriy Shevchenko - 50 goals in 69 games
2. Cristiano Ronaldo - 50 goals in 70 games
3. Ronaldo Nazario - 50 goals in 77 games
4. Marco van Basten - 50 goals in 83 games
5. Michel Platini - 50 goals in 84 games
6. Gabriel Batistuta - 50 goals in 85 games
7. David Trezeguet - 50 goals in 86 games
8. Edin Dzeko - 50 goals in 92 games
9. Adriano - 50 goals in 95 games
10. Gonzalo Higuain - 50 goals in 96 games
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read