Spanish Commentator's Reaction To Lionel Messi's Opening Goal Is Absolutely Everything
Lionel Messi left us all in awe yet again with a gorgeous opening goal against Manchester United last night but no-one enjoyed it more than this Spanish commentator.
16 minutes in, Messi nicked the ball off Ashley Young, left Fred for dead with a saucy nutmeg and then fired the ball past David De Gea before wheeling away in celebration.
And it prompted one commentator to absolutely lose his shit up in the press box. He simply could not help but erupt with a chorus of "GOL!" as soon as he saw Messi curl one into the far bottom corner and the clip of him passionately screaming is just sensational.
Credit: Football Stuff
Former Barcelona striker Gary Lineker also had a priceless reaction to the magic Messi served up, as the following clip of him in the BT Sport studio shows.
Time and time again the twinkle-toed five-time Ballon d'Or just leaves us in utter disbelief and he did so again later on in the first half when he turned Phil Jones inside out three times in the space of seconds.
We're all in agreement, however, that the main man for Lionel Messi commentary is the one and only Ray Hudson.
Time and time again, Hudson has produced iconic quote after iconic quote about the five-time Ballon d'Or winner and here are the best 20:
- "They tell me that all men are equal in the eyes of god but this man seriously makes you think about those words."
- "In the United states, we give hurricanes a name. If they ever call one Lionel Messi, you'd better evacuate, people."
- "Waahhh.. are you kidding me? This man is absolutely mainline to pure footballing magic that belongs in a different galaxy altogether."
- "Welcome to Lionel's world, Where the insane becomes the predictable."
- "I tell you what, if Issac Newton was watching this man, he would be saying boy was i wrong? Astonishing from Lionel. Sweeter than a mother's kiss at bed time."
- "Again.. Where the insane becomes the routine with this man. He is nothing less than a ball whisperer."
- "AAHHH!!!!!.... Excuse me for being excited people, but we've just witnessed a goal that would wake up a catatonic! Astonishing skill that literally takes the breath away. Phenomenal football and there's no answer to that. You can't coach against this. It's pure genius is what it is!"
- "On penalty assist-- He's absolutely shakespearean, The Shakespeare got it wrong. It wasn't King Lear, it's King Leo!"
- "Do you wanna know what pure adrenaline looks like, in the human form? This is what it looks like and it's wearing a number 10 shirt."
- "Lionel Messi, you could drop a tarantula into his shorts and he'll still be cool."
- "It is like...he's playing a tambourine on his knee."
- "He soaks up the defenders like a paper towel soaks up milk."
- "Footballing's bird of paradise is fluffing his feathers beautifully."
- "Angles mean nothing to this man - he could decorate a rose and make it look better."
- "Messi invents passing lanes, he doesn't look for them."
- "He abides in the magnetic spectrum of genius with the ball. Pure footballing magic."
- "Lionel Messi, the nerve of a cat burglar. He's as cool as the seeds inside a cucumber."
- "Arrives like a witch on a broomstick and produces the hocus pocus in front of goal."
- "He arrives like a ghost in the night. There ain't any tracking of him....X-rays couldn't track this guy down."
- "They tell me that all men are equal in God's eyes, this guy makes you seriously think about those words."