Vivianne Miedema scored her 60th international goal against Cameroon and she's now the all-time top scorer for the Netherlands national women's team.
The Arsenal striker, 22, bagged a stunning brace for the Netherlands in the Women's World Cup to create history.
Topscorer aller tijden: @VivianneMiedema :clap:- OranjeLeeuwinnen (@oranjevrouwen) June 15, 2019
:soccer: :soccer: :soccer:
:soccer::soccer::soccer: :soccer: :soccer:
:soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer:
:soccer::soccer::soccer: :soccer::soccer::soccer:#OnzeJacht #NEDCMR pic.twitter.com/MnFC2ItbNd
60 - Vivianne Miedema scored her 60th goal for the Netherlands Women's team and is now the all-time top goal scorer of @oranjevrouwen. Legendary. #NED pic.twitter.com/ooT1nWyJUw
- OptaJohan (@OptaJohan) June 15, 2019
Miedema opened the scoring in the 41st minute with a brilliant header. She then bagged her second goal and her side's third in the 85th minute with a thunderous striker
The Dutch phenom grew up watching Robin van Persie and she's hailed the ex-Manchester United striker as her football hero.
"Robin van Persie was my hero," she said in an exclusive interview with SPORTbible.
"I loved watching him play for Feyenoord and I remember as soon as he moved to Arsenal, I started supporting them and watching a lot of English football.
It was little wonder, then, that she followed in Van Persie's footsteps when Arsenal came calling in 2017.
"It's a huge honour to play for this club and the fact that Van Persie used to play here makes it that extra bit special," she added. "I've just extended my contract for two years, I'm very happy."
The Netherlands resume their campaign against Canada on June 20.
- Netherlands boss Louis van Gaal reveals he allocated World Cup squad numbers ‘based on the age of the players’
- Virgil van Dijk fires back at Marco van Basten's brutal criticism after Netherlands draw against Ecuador
- "I chased him" - Netherlands boss Louis van Gaal recalls trying to sign Liverpool legend as Man Utd manager
- Why there has been 64 minutes of added time in the first four World Cup games