A football fan ended up missing the incredible opportunity to win £292,000 after cashing out his bet before the full-time results came through.
Mike Newman took to Twitter to post a picture of his seven-fold accumulator that he had with Sky Bet.
Sure, he placed a £5 bet and cashed out at £5,710.25, but it's like one of those 'here's what you could have won' moments.
Here are the seven matches that the punter betted on and his predictions (which all turned out to be correct, of course):
- Sheffield United vs Barnet (win)
- Preston North End vs Doncaster Rovers (win)
- QPR vs Leeds United (win)
- Fulham vs Oldham Athletic (win)
- Millwall vs Hull City (win)
- Sevilla vs Atlético Madrid (draw)
- Newport County vs Leicester City (win)
Wish I never cashed out otherwise I'd be 292k up @SkyBet pic.twitter.com/5ITqLpmabO
- MikeNewman (@MikeNewman5) 6 January 2019
Of course, the tweet has ended up going viral and users have offered their two cents on the punter's bad luck.
How's your head
- Shamal George (@shamalgeorge) 6 January 2019
Never cash out rule one
- marc worcester (@MarcWorcester) 6 January 2019
@kamronwud @SkyBet holy shitballs :flushed::flushed: think of the money you got though. Well done
- Russ Harker (@Russharker) 6 January 2019
I'd try to think like that Tbf. Although the fact you've not got 287k more would still be killing you :weary:
- Kyle Rafferty (@KRaff_YSC) 6 January 2019
Imagine having chance to cash out for 5.7k leaving it & it loosing right bet mate should be proud
- Jack Cooper (@JackCooper5991) 6 January 2019
Cash out is the bookies best friend unfortunately :confused:
- Bruce Whytock (@BWhytock) 6 January 2019
At least you've got all these likes and retweets! pic.twitter.com/iJNnNu8gw1
- Scott Winter (@ScottWSFC) 6 January 2019
Not the best but you've just won over £5,000, your weekend could've been a lot worse :grin:
- Michael (@mcartlidge275) 6 January 2019
What's your worst accumulator story?
Let us know in the comments.