• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Liverpool star Thiago Alcantara has 'rejected lucrative offer' from Saudi Pro League

Home> Football

Updated 12:12 4 Jul 2023 GMT+1Published 11:46 4 Jul 2023 GMT+1

Liverpool star Thiago Alcantara has 'rejected lucrative offer' from Saudi Pro League

Thiago has turned down a big move.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

Liverpool star Thiago Alcantara has rejected a lucrative contract offer from the Saudi Pro League, it has been reported.

The 32-year-old Spain international signed for the Reds from Bayern Munich in 2020, with his contract due to expire next summer.

The Athletic reported last month that Liverpool were expecting the exits of Thiago and team-mate Joel Matip on free transfers next summer, but were still planning for their involvement during the upcoming campaign.

Advert

However, Thiago fuelled speculation over a potential earlier exit by removing the club's name from his bio on Instagram on Monday - a potentially significant move in the age of social media.

That came weeks after a dressing room video was posted which showed the club's 2023/24 shirts adorning the walls, with the names of each player on the back.

However, Thiago and Matip were the only two current players to have the 2022/23 season's kit on the wall - sparking more rumours about a potential departure.

You can see the video below.

And now it has been claimed that a Saudi Arabian club approached him over a transfer - but the Spaniard has decided to stay put for now.

Thiago 'rejects Saudi Pro League move'

Advert

According to The Athletic's James Pearce and David Ornstein, Thiago has already turned down one 'lucrative' offer from the Saudi Pro League - but there remains interest from clubs in the division.

It is claimed that he rejected a formal offer because he wants to focus on pre-season training with Liverpool when it gets underway.

Furthermore, Saudi clubs are not said to have made a bid for Thiago, with the player's camp having been approached directly.

It is added that the Spanish midfielder intends to remain at Anfield this term, while his future beyond then remains more unclear.

Advert

It also remains to be seen whether an improved offer from Saudi Arabia convinces him to move to the division, with the midfielder said to be on their list of elite players they want to attract to the league for next season.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Liverpool, Thiago Alcantara, Premier League, Transfers, Saudi Pro League, Saudi Arabia

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

6 hours ago
7 hours ago
8 hours ago
10 hours ago
  • Getty ImagesGetty Images
    6 hours ago

    Nicolas Jackson's agent speaks out after Chelsea request transfer to Bayern Munich is cancelled

    Chelsea have asked Jackson to return to London.

    Football
  • Getty ImagesGetty Images
    7 hours ago

    Fan footage of 98th minute incident during Man Utd vs Burnley has become big talking point

    United picked up their first win of the season on Saturday.

    Football
  • Getty ImagesGetty Images
    8 hours ago

    Police issue statement after teenager arrested near Stamford Bridge over imitation firearm

    The boy was arrested after Chelsea's victory over Fulham on Saturday.

    Football
  • Premier LeaguePremier League
    10 hours ago

    Ruben Amorim's reaction before Bruno Fernandes scored last minute penalty vs Burnley speaks volumes

    It was a nervy game at Old Trafford.

    Football
  • How much Neymar has earned in Saudi Pro League since joining from PSG in 2023
  • Ex-Premier League star to be 'banished' from Saudi Pro League squad to make room for Neymar
  • Saudi Pro League star 'in intensive care' after horrific accident
  • Jamie Vardy could be 'blacklisted' from Saudi Pro League if he breaks strict rule during negotiations