Fantasy football is here to take over your life again, thanks to the return of Premier League football.
Bigger and better than ever with more than 8 million active users, using the wildcard can seriously up your game.
In FPL you are given one free transfer per week, and any additional transfer will incur a penalty of –4 points. The wildcard enables you to make unlimited transfers without having any points deducted. Wildcards are best to be used if your team is underperforming.
One requirement of the wildcard is the fact that you have to stay within the current budget restraints.
You can use the wildcard chip twice a season, once in the first part, and the other in the second half. Be sure to use it, because it doesn’t roll over.
Wildcards are found on the transfers page of your FPL team, however they aren’t activated until you've made and confirmed your transfers.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to play a wildcard in your Fantasy Premier League:
1. Head to the transfers page, by clicking the "Transfers" tab of the menu.
2. Next, select the players that you want to remove by clicking the 'X' near a player's shirt. The number of points you would usually lose as a penalty for making the change will appear in the middle of the screen.
3. After removing more than 2 players, the button that says 'Play wildcard becomes active. It’s found next to 'Auto Pick' and 'Reset' above your team screen.
4. After clicking the wildcard button, a pop-up window appears telling you the wildcard won't be activated until the transfers are made and confirmed.
5. Select your new players, then click 'Make Transfers'. Another pop-up box appears asking you to confirm whether you really want to play the wildcard.
6. Click 'Confirm Transfers (and Play Wildcard )'. After this you have until the next game week deadline to make any corrections.
It’s important to remember that once you have activated the wildcard chip, it cannot be undone. Many people choose to be strategic about when they use it.