sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
France manager Didier Deschamps has reacted to Paul Pogba's four-year doping ban
Home>Football>Football News
Published 12:44 1 Mar 2024 GMT

France manager Didier Deschamps has reacted to Paul Pogba's four-year doping ban

Paul Pogba has received a four-year ban after failing an anti-doping test.

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

France manager Didier Deschamps has spoken about Paul Pogba’s four-year ban for the first time.

On Thursday morning, it was reported that Frenchman Pogba had been handed a four-year ban following his failed drug test.

The former Manchester United star was provisionally banned back in September 2023 after failing a drug test which took place after Juventus’ 3-1 win over Udinese in August.

Advert

Pogba released a statement claiming he will be appealing the decision, it said: “I have today been informed of the Tribunale Nazionale Antidoping's decision and believe that the verdict is incorrect. I am sad, shocked and heartbroken that everything I have built in my professional playing career has been taken away from me.

“As a professional athlete I would never do anything to enhance my performance by using banned substances and have never disrespected or cheated fellow athletes and supporters of any of the teams I have played for, or against.

“When I am free of legal restrictions the full story will become clear, but I have never knowingly or deliberately taken any supplements that violate anti-doping regulations. As a consequence of the decision announced today I will appeal this before the Court of Arbitration for Sport.”

Image
Getty

Now, France manager Deschamps has reacted to Pogba’s ban.

As reported by L’Equipe, he said: “I don’t believe for a minute that Pogba intended to or wanted to dope. Knowing him well, I know that is not how he is. Just like the judgement announced by the Italian anti-doping tribunal on Thursday, what Paul has experienced these past months has been extremely difficult and I can’t be insensitive to his pain, given what he has done with the national team and the relationships that have been formed with the France national team.

“His situation saddens me and I really hope that things will work out. I want to believe that in any case […] the presence of an illegal hormone is incontestable. That’s the problem for Paul and he will have to lead a fight to defend himself.”

Featured Image Credit: YouTube@cavousofficiel/Getty

Topics: Paul Pogba, France, Didier Deschamps, Juventus, Football

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Premier League final day to make history ahead of new kit rule impacting every team

    The rule will come into play at the start of the 2026/27 Premier League campaign.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    'You didn't ask?' - Pep Guardiola learned one manager refused involvement in special montage video

    Man City boss Pep Guardiola assumed that the manager had not been asked by Sky Sports but he had refused.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    'I have to earn it...' - Former Premier League star turns down last-minute World Cup call-up

    "I didn't feel legitimate playing in this World Cup."

    Football
  • Getty
    3 hours ago

    Bernardo Silva has next club lined up after leaving Man City

    The Manchester City captain has two clubs desperate to sign him on a free transfer.

    Football
  • Didier Deschamps announces his 26-man France squad for World Cup as Eduardo Camavinga misses out
  • Didier Deschamps Slammed For 'Disrespectful' Hugo Ekitike Act During France Game
  • Paul Pogba's Monaco salary revealed as 'it wasn't about the money' claim made
  • Juventus 'set to terminate' Paul Pogba's contract after four-year doping ban