Jude Bellingham has just had an 'equaliser' for Borussia Dortmund vs Manchester City disallowed - despite being the one fouled by goalkeeper Ederson.
The Dortmund midfielder charged down Ederson just outside the City box as he was controlling the ball.
Ederson's touch was too heavy however and it allowed Bellingham to nip the ball off his toes and tap into an empty net.
However, the referee judged Bellingham to have fouled Ederson in the build-up and had blown the whistle prior to him scoring. He then booked the 17-year-old following his protests.
Jude Bellingham has the ball in the back of the net vs. Man City... but the referee says no!
The teenager robbed Ederson of the ball, but play was pulled back for a foul. @jjenas8 thinks the hosts got away with one there... :grimacing: pic.twitter.com/hYLhvQojxX
- Football on BT Sport (@btsportfootball) April 6, 2021
Close up footage has shown Bellingham did not foul Ederson however and if anything, he was the one fouled.
Fans have reacted to the action and they're in utter disbelief at the referee's decision.
This Ref needs checking! ♂️
- Jadon Sancho (@Sanchooo10) April 6, 2021
Jude Bellingham got robbed of an iconic CL goal at 17 that's an absolute farce
- Chiddy :flag_ng: (@chiddyafc) April 6, 2021
Dortmund ROBBED! Bellingham has a goal disallowed for a foul on Ederson...
- TalkFCB :copyright: (@talkfcb_) April 6, 2021
Bellingham booked as well, for scoring a goal that was wrongly ruled out. Ref struggling so far.
- Mark Ogden (@MarkOgden_) April 6, 2021
We are witnessing an historically bad refereeing performance here. VAR got him out of trouble once - but he didn't even use it for the Bellingham 'goal'. Woeful #mcfc
- James Robson (@jamesrobsonES) April 6, 2021
City currently lead 1-0 thanks to a Kevin De Bruyne strike.
Featured Image Credit: BT
- Jude Bellingham teases Liverpool fans with "disrespectful" Steven Gerrard comments
- Liverpool's bid to sign Jude Bellingham now in doubt as sporting director quits role
- Jude Bellingham set to be dropped for England vs Wales
- England player ratings vs Iran: Jude Bellingham and Bukayo Saka shine for the Three Lions