sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Cricket Australia Boycott Ashes Broadcaster After Controversial Pundit Comment
Home>Cricket
Updated 16:01 6 Jan 2026 GMTPublished 15:54 6 Jan 2026 GMT

Cricket Australia Boycott Ashes Broadcaster After Controversial Pundit Comment

Australia and England are currently playing the fifth and final Ashes Test at the Sydney Cricket Ground.

Luke Davies

Luke Davies

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Cricket Australia reportedly “denied” access to player interviews to a well-known Australian broadcaster on day three of the fifth Ashes Test due to a former player’s on-air comments.

Given the fact that Australia had retained the Ashes by December 21 after just three Test matches - with wins in Perth, Brisbane, and Adelaide - you’d expect those associated with Cricket Australia to be grinning from ear to ear, but this does not appear to be the case.

The issue involves former Australia bowler-turned-pundit Stuart Clark, who has been working for broadcaster ABC during the Sydney Test.

Clark, 50, who took 94 wickets in 24 Tests for Australia, openly criticised Cricket Australia – the national governing body for the game in the country – live on air during day two of the fifth Test between England and Australia.

Advert

The 50-year-old Cricket New South Wales board member aimed at Cricket Australia head of cricket, James Allsopp, and selector and ex-Australia batsman George Bailey, suggesting that they lacked the knowledge needed for their respective roles.

  • If you want to see even more from SPORTbible, make us a preferred source on Google
Stuart Clark in action for Australia in 2009 (Credit:Getty)
Stuart Clark in action for Australia in 2009 (Credit:Getty)

Clark described Allsopp as a “grade club cricket coach” who works with kids before adding that he “can’t tell Andrew McDonald or Steve Smith” what they should be doing.

He added: “[Ben Oliver] runs high-performance cricket, but I’m not really sure what he does now.

“Then you have George [Bailey], who is the chairman of selectors. Does he have the gravitas or the leadership skills to tell Andrew McDonald, Steve Smith, or Pat Cummins what to do? He should do, 100 per cent, but I don’t think he does.”

Cricket Australia chief executive Todd Greenberg has since replied and said that Clark’s comments were both “unwarranted” and “out of order”.

It was even reported by nine newspapers that Greenberg confronted Clark at the SCG on day three of the Test, before the broadcaster Clark had been working for, ABC, was denied interview access with players after the close of play.

Cricket Australia chief executive Todd Greenberg (Credit:Getty)
Cricket Australia chief executive Todd Greenberg (Credit:Getty)

Speaking during the middle session of day three, Greenberg said: “When I see criticism of him (Allsopp), I think it touches on the personal criticism. I thought that was unwarranted.

“It was made very clear to me that they were not comments attributed to Cricket NSW. They were comments attributed to Stuart personally.

“I’m not going to get into a war of words with Stuart because I’ve got very high regard for him, but when I think that someone’s got it wrong, I’ll say it.”

The Cricket Australia boss then revealed that he “thought that was personal” and told Clark that he felt that way.

Greenberg was also keen to reiterate that Australia remain the number one-ranked Test team on the planet, with a 70 percent win rate over the past four years.

Clark then spoke out about the supposed feud during a radio interview with ABC and said the pair “spoke about it cordially” before suggesting that they will “probably have a laugh about it” next time they meet.

Featured Image Credit: Getty
Luke Davies
Luke Davies

Journalist with expertise covering football, cricket, boxing and MMA.

X

@lukedaviesmedia

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

29 days ago
a month ago
2 months ago
  • Hagen Hopkins/Getty Images
    29 days ago

    Cricket star admits to taking cocaine after first day of match as two-year ban issued

    The former international cricketer has admitted to using the banned substance.

    Cricket
  • Getty
    a month ago

    Ben Stokes reveals split-second decision which may have saved him from death: 'I might not be here...'

    The England Test captain has opened up about a horrifying training incident.

    Cricket
  • Indian Premier League
    a month ago

    Cricket player produces 'obscene' catch nobody in the crowd thought was possible

    A catch for the ages.

    Cricket
  • Getty
    2 months ago

    ECB issue statement over 'temporary ban' placed on England Ashes stars

    Reports emerged that the Ashes players would be blocked from fulfilling media duties before the new cricket season.

    Cricket
  • Stuart Broad Reveals What Caused Ben Stokes and Marnus Labuschagne Heated Row
  • Michael Vaughan Makes Worrying Test Cricket Claim After England Beat Australia
  • England Star Is Unrecognisable 15 Years After Ashes Victory In Australia
  • Australia Fans Want Four Players Axed After Losing Fourth Ashes Test to England