Adrien Broner Arrested At Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury Weigh-In
Boxer Adrien Broner was arrested for trespassing at the Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury weigh-in last night.
The former four-weight world champion has fought at the iconic MGM Grand in Las Vegas on a number of occasions in his career but has been banned from the arena since November.
Adrien Broner was arrested at the MGM Grand, a venue he is barred from.
In November he tried to get into Canelo's dressing room and got into a fight. He was removed and barred.
Today he rocked up at #WildervsFury2 weigh in and was lifted!
- Adam Catterall (@AdamCatterall) February 22, 2020
:oncoming_police_car: Adrien Broner has reportedly been arrested at the Wilder vs Fury weigh-in. It's claimed he was previously told he wasn't allowed at MGM Grand and asked to leave, but he refused. Understood he'll be released with a 'misdemeanor trespassing citation'. [According to @TMZ_Sports]
- Michael Benson (@MichaelBensonn) February 22, 2020
Last night, after being in the Nevada and taking part in various interviews, the 30-year old managed to gain access to the MGM for the final face-off and was told to leave.
According to TMZ, Broner refused to do so and was subsequently detained by hotel security before being led away in handcuffs by the Las Vegas police.
He was then taken to Clark County Detention Center, where he was released with a misdemeanor trespassing citation.
Broner took to Instagram to comment on his arrest, first posting about wanting his wild Friday night to continue and then coming in with a deeper message.
More Like ThisMore Like This
Broner has had a number of a run-ins on the law over the years, most recently having been ordered to pay $830,000 in December 2019 in relation to a sexual assault charge at a Cleveland nightclub back in June 2018.
The 33-4-1 fighter hasn't been inside the squared circle since his defeat to Manny Pacquiao in January 2019. There's been talk of an upcoming bout with WBC Lightweight champion Devin Haney but Broner is demanding a staggering $20 million from promoter Eddie Hearn to make it happen.
"Give me 20 [million], and I'll take it. Hell no. For what?" Broner replied when asked about Hearn's proposal, as per Boxing News.
"I'm loaded. A bake potato ain't got s**t on me, man. We [Hearn] talked a couple of times, but it wasn't nothing serious."