To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Premier League supercomputer has new favourite in title race after Man City and Arsenal draw

Premier League supercomputer has new favourite in title race after Man City and Arsenal draw

The supercomputer has spoken with a new favourite picked

For the first time this season, the Premier League supercomputer has picked a new favourite for the title.

Match day 30 was a crucial weekend of action that could have a huge impact on the final standings.

Liverpool came from behind to beat Brighton at Anfield in Sunday’s early kick-off meaning the pressure was on title rivals Manchester City and Arsenal.

The 0-0 draw at the Etihad Stadium meant Jurgen Klopp’s side jumped above Arsenal in the table, two points clear of the Gunners at the top and three points ahead of the reigning champions.

Manchester City are seeking their fourth Premier League crown in a row and a title battle between three teams has fans on the edge of their seats.

With nine games remaining, it’s still too close to call - but the numbers suggest a favourite has emerged following the weekend’s result.

Opta, the official data provider for the Premier League, have revealed that City are no longer favourites for the title, the first time this season they have not been tipped to finish on top.

Their supercomputer suggests Jurgen Klopp’s men are now likeliest to end up lifting the trophy in May, seeing their chances boosted by 12.4% after moving to the top of the pile.

Liverpool have been given a 47.7% chance to win the league while City fall to 33.5%. Mikel Arteta’s side remain outsiders on 18.8% despite being above Pep Guardiola’s men in the table.

Despite being given the shortest chance by the supercomputer, Arsenal have been tipped to end City’s league dominance by ex-England striker Gary Lineker.

Even after the draw at the Etihad, Lineker believes the Gunners can lift their first league title since 2004.

He said: “I’ve stuck throughout with Arsenal and I’m going to stick with them.”

Liverpool could face their biggest test of their remaining fixtures next weekend when they travel to Old Trafford to face rivals Manchester United, just weeks after suffering a late defeat at the hands of Erik ten Hag’s men which saw them crash out of the FA Cup.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Premier League, Liverpool, Manchester City, Arsenal, Jurgen Klopp, Pep Guardiola