| Last updated
Triple H has ruled out a one-off match in NXT UK by saying that the WWE brand "isn't about me right now."
The UK brand held its second major pay-per-view of the year, NXT UK TakeOver: Cardiff, on Saturday evening.
When SPORTbible caught up with Triple H after the show in Cardiff, we asked the NXT founder and senior producer if he would step into the UK ring and if there were any superstars he would want to face.
But the 'Game,' whose real name is Paul Levesque, swiftly shut down the idea and said NXT wasn't about him.
Triple H told SPORTbible: "This isn't about me right now.
"This is about them. This is their time.
"Their brand -- let them go and do what they do and showcase themselves to the world.
"I said it earlier to the talent [that] they had a busy day today because there's a lot of competition in this area right now -- well, in the world in general.
"This is a big day, right? And there's a lot going on. I think they staked their claim.
"They put a flag in the ground and we said it back there [to them], but they came in here with a goal today to say 'follow that' when they were done. And I think they did that."
WWE superstar Cesaro, who competes on the Raw brand, made a stunning NXT UK cameo in a match against Ilja Dragunov.
And Levesque, who is also executive vice president of talent, live events and creative for WWE, told SPORTbible in a conference call on Friday that he would love to see Drew McIntyre compete in NXT UK.
McIntyre, who is a member of the Raw brand, previously admitted his desire to move from the main roster to NXT UK.
Should Triple H have a one-off match in NXT UK?
Let us know in the comments.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read