The Mind-Blowing Conspiracy Theory Explaining Why Khabib Nurmagomedov And Conor McGregor Won’t Get Banned
Conor McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov will learn if they face any kind of repercussions for their post-fight brawl at UFC 229 after the Nevada State Athletic Commission delivers its verdict on Tuesday.
The two men entered the octagon on 6th October at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, which ended with Khabib locking in a submission hold and winning in the fourth round.
In the aftermath, however, the event descended into chaos when the 30-year-old Russian climbed out of the octagon and attacked McGregor's camp.
The 30-year-old Irishman also found himself in a scuffle involving Abubakar Nurmagomedov, along with being attacked by two members of the Khabib camp: Zubaira Tukhugov and Esed Emiragaev.
Now, a conspiracy theory is making its way around UFC fans that the company is doing everything in its power to stop both fighters from receiving bans from the sport.
The MMA organisation has released a press release to show the impact that UFC 229 had on Las Vegas.
In fact, Applied Analysis' study found that the event brought in $86.4m, supported 414 jobs and the total number of salaries and wages reached $17.2m.
Posted below is a full breakdown of the impact of McGregor-Nurmagomedov's fight.
- $86.4m total economic output
- $17.2m total salaries and wages paid
- 414 jobs supported in Southern Nevada
- $3.7m total taxes paid by visitors
- 40 per cent of UFC 229 visitors travelled from international locations
- 50 per cent of attendees were between the ages of 21 to 34
- 50 per cent of attendees reported an annual household income of $100,000 or more
More Like ThisMore Like This
Per a release, Khabib vs. Conor (UFC 229) generated $86.4 million in total economic output for Las Vegas. pic.twitter.com/WE8JXi4vvx
- Aaron Bronsteter (@aaronbronsteter) 28 January 2019
Unsurprisingly, the timing from UFC to drop its figures from UFC 229 is raising many people's eyebrows.
Ritely is one publication to suggest that McGregor and Nurmagomedov won't receive a ban from the NSAC.
"During the build up to UFC 229, I said it was going to be the biggest event in UFC's history, and now we have all the numbers to prove it," UFC president Dana White said.
"Khabib vs McGregor smashed our records for pay-per-views, social media impressions, and global viewership, and now we know it set records for economic impact here in Las Vegas.
"None of this would have been possible without the support from the Las Vegas community and UFC's loyal fans, the best in sports."
White has previously claimed that a rematch between the two should take place this year.
Who would win in a rematch?
Let us know in the comments.
Featured Image Credit: PA
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read