Conor McGregor's next UFC bout is reportedly set to see him take on Justin Gaethje in the summer.
Ariel Helwani revealed on Monday that talks are in preliminary stages at the moment and that plans could change.
Despite this, Gaethje is the front runner to be McGregor's second fight of 2020 following his comeback victory over Donald Cerrone last month.
Ariel Helwani says a summer time fight between McGregor vs. Gaethje is the current front runner. Things could change, talks very preliminary at this point.#HelwaniShow- Jed I. Goodman (@jedigoodman) February 24, 2020
The 'Notorious' still has longtime rival Khabib Nurmagomedov in his sights but a fight with the Russian is likely some time away.
American fighter Gaethje is keen on a fight with the Dubliner and recently told McGregor to 'quit being a p**sy' and take the match.
"The man is not going to fight me," Gaethje claimed in a video alongside UFC flyweight champion Henry Cejudo recently.
"What the f*ck do you gotta do? He's running out of easy fights. I'm sitting here smoking my CBD, waiting for a motherf*cker to punch me in the face. Let's go. Quit being a p*ssy."
McGregor knows that the 31-year-old is keen to square off and told The Mac Life that he's 'on the list'.
He explained last month:
"He's on the list. He is on the list.
"Maybe I will face him next.
"Maybe I'll face him next, you know? He has it coming to him.
"I mean laugh at how Justin is behaving. He's a funny guy. He's been taking it very to heart, you know? And I know the feeling when you do that.
"So maybe I'll get through Donald and I'll have a quick turnaround against Justin.
"So maybe that's what will happen. But Justin is on the list, no doubt."
Topics: Conor Mcgregor, Justin Gaethje, UFC News, MMA News, Ariel Helwani, UFC, MMA