Conor McGregor Ready To Fight Nate Diaz At 185 To Complete Trilogy
Conor McGregor has confirmed is ready to give Nate Diaz a rematch at 185 to complete what would become one of the greatest trilogy fights of all time. In the famous words of commentator Mike Goldberg: "HERE WE GO!"
Last month the Irish fighter told the UFC to book the bout against Diaz for the upcoming event on May 11 at Arena da Baixada in Curitiba, Brazil. He said the following on Twitter: "Book it. I'll fight Nate on it."
PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN, UFC!
And now, McGregor looks to have responded to a tweet posted by Nate Diaz, saying he "doesn't give a f*ck about the weight."
He later went on to tweet "265 cheques" which is rumoured to be their potential price purse, according to ScrapDigest.
Who would win at 185? Is this what Dana White was tweeting about earlier this week?
185- Nathan Diaz (@NateDiaz209) March 16, 2019
You already know me mate. I don't give a fuck about the weight.- Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) March 16, 2019
265 Cheques.- Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) March 16, 2019
:smiley::smiley::smiley:- Dana White (@danawhite) March 12, 2019
In 2016, McGregor met Diaz at UFC 196 and the American was victorious by submission with 48 seconds left in the second round.
Five months later at UFC 202, the 'Notorious' won by decision in one of the fights of the year, but the question remains - who will be McGregor's next opponent?
It was reported last year that the trilogy would apparently take place in Las Vegas, a perfect way to end a spectacular trio of bouts, via The Independent, but that never happened.
It looks like McGregor has got his eyes on Nate Diaz, as mentioned previously, but he's not short of challengers.
The man with the most wins in UFC history (21) has - once again - put his proverbial (cowboy) hat in the ring. Enter; Donald Cerrone.
The veteran-American fighter is very confident in meeting McGregor 'soon'.
"I think [McGregor's] side is interested in it, I know I'm very interested, and for the UFC, that's a money fight," Cerrone told ESPN.
"By no means am I overlooking Alex. I'm focused on getting through him, and Conor is potentially what's next.
"I don't see why he would turn the fight down. I'm interested to see how it all plays out. I'm pretty sure Conor and I will be meeting in the Octagon soon."
It's not the first time Cerrone has campaign for a fight against McGregor.
Back in November he posted a picture of himself alongside McGregor on social media, accompanied with the words: "Just waiting on him! 'I know a guy'".
Who would you like to see Conor McGregor fight next?
Let us know in the comments.