Conor McGregor And Khabib Nurmagomedov Will Be Suspended By The UFC
It has been confirmed that both Conor McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov will be temporarily suspended by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.
NSAC Executive Director Bob Bennett has spoken, with a hearing taking place on October 24th on whether they should be indefinitely suspended pending their investigations, according to ESPN.
Breaking: Conor McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov will be temporarily suspended on Oct. 15, according to Nevada Athletic Commission Executive Director Bob Bennett.- SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) 11 October 2018
A hearing will take place on Oct. 24 on whether they should be indefinitely suspended pending their investigations. pic.twitter.com/YfM0nOkIe6
It's been almost a week since Khabib Nurmagomedov retained his lightweight crown against Conor McGregor and we still don't know the scale of Nevada State's punishment.
Khabib jumped the cage moments after his win and attacked McGregor's coach, Dillion Danis.
Seconds later, three people from Khabib's team were arrested after attacking his opponent. McGregor decided against pressing charges, partially because of his involvement in the incident.
"The Nevada State Athletic Commission pulled the footage from us, and there's an investigation going on."- UFC (@ufc) October 8, 2018
Hear from @DanaWhite on the #UFC229 aftermath :arrow_right: https://t.co/KF785Sy1hJ pic.twitter.com/gXaXHgHelE
It was revealed earlier this week that punishment will be handed out because of the brawl.
NSAC executive direction Bob Bennett confirmed to MMA Junkie that a 'comprehensive investigation' is currently taking place.
More Like ThisMore Like This
So, what does UFC president Dana White think about Nurmagomedov's situation following the events of UFC 229?
Dana White says commission withholding Khabib's $2 million purse, the three arrested have been released because Conor wouldn't press charges. The guys who attacked Conor "will never fight in the UFC again."- Lance Pugmire (@latimespugmire) October 7, 2018
In an exclusive interview with TMZSports, White thinks the fighter should get a $250,000 fine and a hefty suspension.
"They took his whole purse right now and they're talking about keeping his purse - I do not think that that should happen," White told TMZ Sports.
"You should not be able to keep his whole purse."
Khabib has still not received his $2 million purse since winning the bout, while Conor McGregor has received his pay check for the fight in Las Vegas.
"I think they should take ($250,000) from him," White added.
"(He) absolutely keeps his title. And he's going to get suspended, so maybe you give him a four to six months suspension."