Nate Diaz’s Hilarious Response To Khabib Nurmagomedov Challenging Georges St-Pierre
Nate Diaz has targeted Khabib Nurmagomedov after the 30-year-old Russian fighter issued a challenge to Georges St-Pierre.
Before GSP announced his retirement on Thursday, Khabib had previously spoken about his desire to step into the octagon with the UFC legend.
"Let's do it in November," he wrote on Instagram.
"After this fight, you can retire. I [grew] up on your fights, and have nothing but respect for you, and I believe [I] showed that to you, George, when you were in Moscow.
"But, it would be [an] honour for me to share [the] octagon with one of the greatest fighters of all time. Let's do it [at] 155lbs, or I give away 5lbs to you, 'cause you newer [sic] done 155.
"Well, it's your choice: 155 or 160, Montreal, NYC, Moscow or Abu Dhabi. Send me location, my friend."
Now, Diaz took the perfect opportunity to respond to Khabib's Instagram post.
"Ha-ha, that's no fight; that's a meeting, you f**kin' dorks..." he said.
Well, that escalated quickly, didn't it?
GSP held a press conference in Montreal to confirm that he had retired from MMA, saying that he wanted to end his career at the top.
"There's no tears, I'm very happy to do it. It takes a lot of discipline though to retire on top," he said.
"It was a long process in my mind, but it's time to do it. Only a few people have done it and I always said I wanted to retire on my own and not be told to retire."
More Like ThisMore Like This
Following on from the UFC legend's announcement, Khabib took to Instagram to put out a fitting tribute to the 37-year-old Canadian.
"Now look at this video [posted below] and you'll understand why I wanted to fight with him, simply he's one of the best оf all time," he wrote.
"Anyway, good luck to you, legend. [Georges St-Pierre's] time is merciless, and your decision is right.
"And don't forget, when you're in Russia next time, I'll introduce you with Dagestan cuisine, you don't need to cut weight anymore."
Meanwhile, Nate Diaz's last fight in UFC came against Conor McGregor in 2016.
The 30-year-old Irishman, who suffered a defeat to Khabib at UFC 229 last year, has admitted that he would want a third fight with Diaz at UFC 237.
Will we see McGregor-Diaz III?
Let us know in the comments.
Featured Image Credit: PA
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read