Justin Gaethje has slammed Conor McGregor's decision to fight Donald Cerrone instead of him ahead of his UFC title fight against Khabib Nurmagomedov.
Gaethje said McGregor facing Cerrone on his UFC comeback earlier this year will be a "b*tch move for the rest of his life."
The American challenger told BT Sport: "I've tweeted him and called him a sh*t father, human and husband.
"That was in October and he fought 'Cowboy' in January. He had every opportunity to fight me and he passed every time.
"The times he said he was going to fight I never had a call from UFC or anybody to confirm whether that happened, so I dunno what was going on behind the scenes."
He continued: "But they never called me and he had many opportunities to fight me and he didn't.
"He chose 'Cowboy' and I'd just knocked 'Cowboy' out, that's a b*tch move.
"You guys jump on board and act like it's the fight to make and it's gonna be awesome - that was a b*tch move.
"And it will be a b*tch move for the rest of his life."
McGregor easily beat Cerrone at UFC 246, stopping him in just 40 seconds as he eyes his Octagon return next year.
Intensity and respect
The first ever face off between @TeamKhabib and @Justin_Gaethje was exactly what we expected :trophy:#UFC254 ' Saturday, 7pm ' BT Sport Box Office pic.twitter.com/LuIrUGW7k5
- UFC on BT Sport (@btsportufc) October 21, 2020
Gaethje, meanwhile, will face UFC lightweight king Nurmagomedov this Saturday at UFC 254.
The interim UFC lightweight title holder is riding an impressive four-fight winning streak which includes victories over Cerrone and Tony Ferguson.
Featured Image Credit: PA/BT Sport
- Conor McGregor set to return in 'early 2023' and Justin Gaethje is the front-runner to be his opponent
- Conor McGregor Accuses Justin Gaethje Of 'Pretending To Be Asleep' After Tapping Out In Title Fight
- Conor McGregor Felt Fear For The First Time When He Put His Arm Around Vladimir Putin
- Conor McGregor restarts feud with Khabib with shots at his late father after Makhachev’s UFC 280 title win