Conor McGregor 'Accepts' UFC Fight After Responding To Call Out
Conor McGregor says he "accepts" a fight with budding UFC superstar Khamzat Chimaev after responding to his call out on social media.
Chimaev, 26, has burst onto the MMA scene with two big wins in 10 days on 'Fight Island' earlier this month.
And the undefeated welterweight called for a showdown against either Nate Diaz, Jorge Masvidal or McGregor following his performances in Abu Dhabi.
On Twitter, he wrote: "I'm getting bored, please @danawhite give me @NateDiaz209 @GamebredFighter @TheNotoriousMMA same night. I can smash all these guys... I'm not cocky guy I'm just confident. I understand if they don't want to fight me."
I'm getting bored, please @danawhite give me @NateDiaz209 @GamebredFighter @TheNotoriousMMA same night. I can smash all these guys... I'm not cocky guy I'm just confident. I understand if they don't want to fight me.
- Khamzat Chimaev (@KChimaev) July 30, 2020
Moments later, the Irishman responded with his own message on Twitter. He wrote: "I accept."
- Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) July 30, 2020
Chimaev hit back at McGregor: "Beg me."
UFC president Dana White reacted to the social media exchange by playing down the clash.
"Probably not but who knows?!" He told TMZ Sports.
Chimaev's dominant victories over John Phillips and Rhys McKee has seen him become the talk of the UFC with White hyping up a bout against welterweight king Kamaru Usman.
The Swedish fighter (8-0) also revealed that he travelled to Ireland to find McGregor and "beat him up" for comments made about Khabib Nurmagomedov.
However, he was stopped and detained by police at the airport before being shipped back to Sweden.
McGregor vs. Chimaev? Watch this space.
Featured Image Credit: PA/PA