To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
| Last updated
UFC are moving forward with plans for Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson to finally fight inside the Octagon next year.
The two have been scheduled to square off on four separate occasions in UFC - the latest being at UFC 223 - but the bout has never actually happened due to both fighters each pulling out twice because of injuries and weight problems.
But UFC are hoping fifth time's a charm, with the undefeated Khabib poised to make the third defence of his UFC lightweight title in the main event on April 18 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, as per a report from ESPN
Khabib's manager, Ali Abdelaziz, took to Twitter to inform fans that 'the Eagle' has signed his agreement ahead of the eagerly anticipated fight - even sharing an image of the document with his client's signature.
It appears as though only Ferguson signing on the dotted line is needed for the monstrous match-up and it's said that he too is very much interested in finally making the bout happen.
Dustin Poirier, the man who Khabib submitted in his most recent title defence back in the main event of UFC 242 in September, has already expressed his interest in getting on the card - name-dropping the likes of Conor McGregor, Nate Diaz and Justin Gaethje as potential opponents when replying to fans.
Khabib, 28-0 in MMA, has dominated the entire division in UFC but told ESPN a scrap with Ferguson (25-3) would be his "most important fight" during an interview earlier this year.
Former interim title holder Ferguson, who has won his last 12 fights in UFC, last beat Donald 'Cowboy Cerrone' via TKO in the second round of their UFC 238 encounter in June.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read