Georges St-Pierre Names The Two Fights That Would Bring Him Out Of UFC Retirement
Georges St-Pierre is happy to remain retired from MMA unless the opportunity for a lucrative fight with Conor McGregor or Khabib Nurmagomedov comes along.
GSP hung up his gloves after his impressive submission win over Michael Bisping in the main event of UFC 217 in 2017 and has had no desire to return to the Octagon ever since.
His long-time coach Firas Zahabi says the Canadian is enjoying his social life with friends and family now that he's older but would entertain the idea of coming back if it was a big bout against one of the biggest stars in the company.
"I'm not talking for Georges. In my opinion he'll only come back for a mega-fight. Like a mega-fight," Zahabi told MMA Junkie, as per The Mirror.
"No titles needed, either. Could be a title. I don't think that's really important to him. Like a mega-fight. Only those two names (Nurmagomedov and McGregor) that are the names big enough for him and enticing."
While a dream fight with Khabib could still happen, especially given the undefeated Dagestani fighter has already called for a fight that would raise money for charity, one bout we know almost definitely won't be happen is GSP vs Anderson Silva.
A bout between the pair of future UFC Hall of Famers was mooted back in 201, with there being clamour after the St-Pierre's win over Carlos Condit at UFC 154, with 'The Spider' even calling out 'Rush' when interviewed cageside.
A bout never materialised despite both men appearing interested in slugging it out, although we did get a glimpse of what a square-off between the two legends would look like last month in Las Vegas, during a promotional event with health and fitness brand Limitless,.
For years, the world pined for a superfight between future UFC Hall of Famers @SpiderAnderson Silva and @GeorgesStPierre. It never happened, but that didn't stop the two from facing off Saturday in Las Vegas.- MMA Junkie (@MMAjunkie) September 15, 2019
Who Ya Got?! pic.twitter.com/wSxVaMclqA