Conor McGregor Reacts To Nate Diaz Claiming He Is Out UFC 244 Main Event
It didn't take Conor McGregor long to react to Nate Diaz's shocking 244 revelation.
Diaz, who fought McGregor twice inside the Octagon, took to Twitter to issue a lengthy statement claiming he will not be competing at UFC 244 after test results highlighted "elevated levels" from what are said to be "tainted supplements".
The Stockton Slugger said he was innocent but that he did not want to be painted as a cheater and so decided to inform disappointed fans he won't be heading to New York unless the situation is resolved by UFC and USADA.
And of course McGregor was never going to stay silent, quickly reacting to the news by telling everyone that there's only one BMF in UFC and it's him.
The Irishman deleted the tweet but left it up long enough for fans to screenshot:
Earlier on Thursday, McGregor hosted a morning press conference in Moscow during which he announced he would be making his UFC comeback on 18 January in Las Vegas.
The Notorious one did not announce an opponent, though ESPN's Ariel Helwani reports that Donald Cerrone and Justin Gaethje are the two leading contenders to face him.
Beyond that, McGregor stressed his desire to face the winner of the UFC 244 main event between Nate Diaz and Jorge Masvidal and have a trilogy fight with the Stockton slugger, McGregor's choice to win the BMF title bout.
He also wants the winner of of Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson's UFC lightweight title fight and is desperate to avenge his UFC 229 submission loss to the Dagestani fighter.
"That is the bout we want," McGregor said.
"We want this bout in Moscow. The people of the world deserve this bout to take place. It will happen. I am not waiting around for that man, he is a known pull-out.
"You can run but you cannot hide. He ran out of the press conference in Moscow last week. It is in his nature. Trust me I am coming for him."