Conor McGregor Sends Message To Each UFC Fighter Who Have Called Him Out
Connor McGregor has issued a 'come and get me' plea on Twitter ahead of a return to the UFC in January.
McGregor announced he is set to return to UFC in Las Vegas on January 18 last week in a press conference.
Speculation has gathered over who his first fight since October 2018 will be against.
It seems that McGregor is willing to take on all comers as he tweeted 'I've got shots to give. Come and get me.' on Thursday morning.
He has also been retweeting messages from various UFC fighters who have been calling him out, including 'The Cowboy' Donald Cerrone, Justin Gaethje and Yair Rodriguez.
Cerrone's tweet was a much more subtle dig, tweeting a picture of a Budweiser next to a bottle of McGregor's Proper Twelve Whiskey.
Gaethje went the route of bashing Cerrone for wanting a fight with McGregor.
Gaethje beat Cerrone in a first round TKO on UFC Fight Night 158 back in September.
Can you imagine a world where @Cowboycerrone fights @TheNotoriousMMA in a fight where #bluelips is trying to fight for a @ufc #worldtitle Thats not the company I fight for or the sport I play. I know @danawhite who dedicated his life to this sport would never let that fly.
- Justin Gaethje :flag_us: (@Justin_Gaethje) October 29, 2019
Meanwhile Yair Rodriguez sent out a pair of tweets, one of which billed the fight as Mexico vs Ireland.
" St. McGregor " @thenotoriousmma make me the miracle.
The miracle of facing the biggest fans in this world.
Mexico :flag_mx: vs Ireland :flag_ie:
"San McGregor" @thenotoriousmma hazme el milagro.
El milagro de enfrentar a los más grandes fans de este mundo.
Mexico :flag_mx: vs Irlanda :flag_ie: pic.twitter.com/CWpvp1AV0F
- Yair Rodriguez (@panteraufc) October 30, 2019
More Like ThisMore Like This
The other was simply a picture of himself before a fight and 'The Notorious' in the octagon.
McGregor's return to the UFC is set to be a huge occasion and he'll be looking to start with a win.
He was defeated by Khabib Nurmagomedov in his last bout.
UFC owner Dana White has said that he thinks Cerrone is the likely first opponent back for the 31-year-old.
Speaking to TMZ Sports, he said: 'We have nothing done. Nothing is even close to being done, so I hate to even talk about this stuff and say it because it might not happen.
'It might happen, but we're looking at Cowboy (Cerrone).
'No3 vs No5, January 18 at the T-Mobile [Arena] in Las Vegas.'
McGregor is also embroiled in a bizarre feud with rapper 50 Cent.
McGregor recently liked a tweet stating he would be up for a match with the rapper.
Conor McGregor wants to shoot a fair one with 50 Cent :flushed:
"I'd like to have a knock-off with 50 yeah, so if you're listening 50 - let's get it going bud." https://t.co/2Xu1vA7eho
- XXL Magazine (@XXL) October 31, 2019
Who do you think McGregor will face in his return?
Sound off in the comments below.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read