Conor McGregor Deletes Worrying Tweets After Being Arrested For Alleged Sexual Assault
Conor McGregor has deleted two worrying tweets in reply to the story of him being arrested in France last week, for alleged sexual assault.
The UFC star was on holiday in Corsica when he was arrested on Friday night for an incident that allegedly took place in a bar. He was released the following morning and according to broadcaster in the area was awaiting the result of tests.
However McGregor has now worried fans with two tweets, which he has since deleted. Interacting with fans on social media the former two weight UFC champion called his situation a 'horrendous time in his life' and that he was 'trying to stay strong' for his family.
In a second tweet he said he 'couldn't go on like this' and described himself as 'crushed.'
The 32-year-old is no stranger to posting on social media and then quickly deleting it but that is usually after he's called out a rival or said something controversial about a fight he's not involved in.
More Like ThisMore Like This
However the tone of his posts on Monday are completely removed from how he usually interacts on social media and the nature of their content will undoubtedly worry fans.
It is also not the first time the Irishman has been accused of wrongdoing or been in trouble with the law but clearly this recent incident has affected him more.
Speaking to French broadcaster France 3 Corse, a friend of the alleged victim claimed the Notorious had exposed himself to the married woman as she went to the toilet at a bar.
A representative for the Irishman has denied the allegations, "Conor Mcgregor vigorously denies any accusations of misconduct," they told TMZ Sports.
"He has been interviewed and released."
Featured Image Credit: Twitter
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read