Kobe Bryant's 13-year old daughter Gianna was among the five people that died in the tragic helicopter crash this morning.
News of the 41-year old's death was confirmed after private helicopter went down and burst into flames in Calabasas, California.
And it has now being reported by TMZ, among other outlets, that the 13-year old was also onboard the Sikorsky S-76 along with her father and another player and parent as they were on the way to a practice session at the Mamba Academy.
Sources: Kobe Bryant was on his way to a travel basketball game with his daughter Gianna when the helicopter crashed. Those aboard the helicopter also included another player and parent.
- Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) January 26, 2020
Gianna, Bryant's second-eldest of four daughters with wife Vanessa, was an up and coming basketballer who wanted to follow in her father's footsteps.
I can't believe this :pensive: pic.twitter.com/06pMcNzvY1
- Shane Hennen (@Hennen_Workouts) January 26, 2020
Rest in peace Gianna and Kobe. And send your prayers to Vanessa and the rest of the Bryant family... pic.twitter.com/tEkSXm3xto
- wanda (@sftlee) January 26, 2020
Her love for the game brought her father back into the sport following his retirement in 2016. USA Today say the two of them would watch the NBA League Pass "nearly every night" this season, while Kobe had recently brought her courtside to see his beloved Lakers in the flesh on two occasions.
He also coached his daughter's basketball team AAU basketball team, fittingly called 'The Mambas'.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Bryant family at this extremely difficult time.
- Sacramento Kings DJ Trolls Russell Westbrook By Playing 'Cold As Ice' Every Time He Misses A Shot
- DeAndre Jordan Gets Cut By The LA Lakers Just 24 Hours After Viral Video
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Forced To Backtrack After Latest LeBron James Comments Blow Up
- NBA Player's Petrified Reaction To LeBron James Becomes Instant Meme