FIFA 21: Fans Have Already Started Voting For Next Cover Star Of EA Sports’ Game
Son Heung-min and Mohamed Salah are locked in a heated race in a fan-made poll for the cover star of EA Sports' FIFA 21.
The FIFA publisher hasn't officially announced the next instalment in its popular football franchise, but fans have wasted no time in having their say on the next cover star.
FIFPlay created the poll and over 7,500 votes have been cast at the time of this writing, with Son currently leading the race.
The 27-year-old Tottenham star has received 33 per cent of the vote (2,487 votes) and holds a 10 per cent lead over second-placed Salah.
The 27-year-old Egyptian forward has amassed 1,749 votes and is firmly ahead of Juventus superstar Cristiano Ronaldo, who has come third with 766 votes.
Ronaldo, 34, has previously been the cover star for FIFA 18 and FIFA 19.
RCD Espanyol winger Wu Lei surprisingly placed ahead of Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi in the poll.
The 28-year-old Chinese footballer has received 734 votes and is not far off from catching up to five-time Ballon d'Or winner Ronaldo.
Meanwhile, Messi received nine per cent share of the vote and is 23 votes behind Wu Lei in the poll.
Posted below are the top 10 footballers in the poll.
10. Christian Pulisic (one per cent, 48 votes)
9. Robert Lewandowski (one per cent, 73 votes)
8. Neymar (one per cent, 86 votes)
7. Virgil van Dijk (one per cent, 100 votes)
6. Kylian Mbappe (four per cent, 276 votes)
5. Lionel Messi (nine per cent, 711 votes)
4. Wu Lei (10 per cent, 734 votes)
3. Cristiano Ronaldo (10 per cent, 766 votes)
2. Mohamed Salah (23 per cent, 1,749 votes)
1. Son Heung-min (33 per cent, 2,487 votes)
EA Sports released its latest entry in the franchise, FIFA 20, in September 2019 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC.
Liverpool star Van Dijk was named as the cover star for FIFA 20 Champions Edition, while the standard edition of the title featured Real Madrid winger Eden Hazard.
Featured Image Credit: EA Sports/PA