Best And Worst Value Premier League Transfers Since 2014 Revealed
Liverpool have three of the top five best value transfers since 2014 in their squad, according to stats, although Virgil van Dijk is actually well down the list.
The Reds have reached the top of the Premier League this season, and are running away with the league, after several years of Jurgen Klopp building an excellent squad.
There's no doubt the manager has had to spend money to improve the Reds from being outside the top four to being champions in waiting by January but the stats back up that he's spent incredibly well.
ESPN have come up with a study of all the transfers since summer 2014 in England's top tier based on priced pay compared to actual value, how the players valuation has changed since their move and minutes played.
According to the study Andrew Robertson is the best value transfer in the last five and a half years, with Michy Batshuayi classed as the worst value.
1. Andy Robertson, Hull City to Liverpool, 2017 - Fee paid: £8 million (Current value, per 21st club: £82 million)
2. Dele Alli, MK Dons to Spurs, 2015 - Fee: £5 million (Value: £53 million)
3. Georginio Wijnaldum, Newcastle to Liverpool, 2016 - Fee: £25 million (Value: £56 million)
4. Mohamed Salah, Roma to Liverpool, 2017 - Fee: £34 million (Value: £100 million)
5. Ricardo Pereira, Porto to Leicester, 2018 - Fee: £22 million (Value: £24 million)
1. Michy Batshuayi, Marseille to Chelsea, 2016 - Fee: £33.2 million (Current value, per 21st Club: £8.4 million)
2. Eric Bailly, Villarreal to Manchester United, 2016 - Fee: £30 million (Value: £8.3 million)
3. Ben Gibson, Middlesbrough to Burnley, 2018 - Fee: £15 million (Value: £1.1 million)
4. Oumar Niasse, Lokomotiv Moscow to Everton, 2016 - Fee: £15 million (Value: £2.2 million)
5. Kelechi Iheanacho, Manchester City to Leicester, 2017 - Fee: £24 million (Value: £7.6 million)
Liverpool clearly got themselves a bargain when they signed Robertson from Hull. He'd just been relegated to the Championship when he left the Humberside club.
Since joining Klopp's team the Scotsman has arguably become the best left back in the world, which is quite the turn around from relegation.
Van Dijk's value has gone up since he joined the Reds two years ago but according to the valuation at the time the Reds massively overpaid Southampton for the Dutchman.
Who do you think is the best value transfer at your club in the past five and a half years?
Topics: Spurs, Liverpool, Michy Batshuayi, Football News, Andrew Robertson, Ricardo Pereira, Transfer stories, Georginio Wijnaldum, Premier League, Dele Alli, Transfer news, Eric Bailly, Mo Salah, Transfer reports
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read