| Last updated
By Mike Parrott
ESPN have released a top ten list of the most Tweeted about Male Athletes in 2019 with five footballers filling the list.
ESPN's list of top ten tweeted male athletes of 2019 was released earlier today, and Lionel Messi actually didn't top a list for once.
Paris Saint-Germain's Neymar topped the list somehow.
Neymar's transfer fiasco to Barcelona that ultimately fell through probably increased his interactions but Neymar hasn't really had the best season footballing-wise.
The top ten list consists of:
10. Antonio Brown (NFL - Oakland Raiders/New England Patriots/Free-Agent)
9. Keisuke Honda (Football - Melbourne Victory/Vitesse)
8. Kylian Mbappe (Football - PSG)
7. Tom Brady (NFL - New England Patriots)
6. Kobe Bryant (NBA - Retired)
5. Kawhi Leonard (NBA - Toronto Raptors/LA Clippers)
4. LeBron James (NBA - LA Lakers)
3. Cristiano Ronaldo (Football - Juventus)
2. Lionel Messi (Football - Barcelona)
1. Neymar (Football - PSG)
Neymar doing Neymar things pic.twitter.com/xWjXP11AeD- Football on BT Sport (@btsportfootball) December 7, 2019
Surprisingly, Honda and Kobe make the top ten list.
Kobe ended his illustrious LA Lakers career back in 2016 and hasn't played since. Bryant famously won five NBA Championships with the Lakers, three of them alongside legend Shaquille O'Neal.
Keisuke Honda however has spent the majority of this season on Melbourne Victory or as a Free-Agent, before ultimately joining Vitesse in November.
NFL Wide-Receiver, Antonio Brown, probably made the list for all the wrong reasons. Brown was released from the Raiders after he demanded to be released on Instagram.
The Wide-Receiver then joined the Patriots, only to be released again less than two weeks after signing for the Pats.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read