The Most Prolific Striker In Premier League History Revealed
After the weekend of action in the Premier League, there's now a new striker who is the most clinical striker in the league according to statistics.
Going off minutes per goal, and only including players to have scored 10 or more top-flight goals, Manchester City hot-shot Gabriel Jesus is now the top dog.
The Brazilian, already proving to be an excellent bit of business after signing for City from Palmeiras for £27 million, notched his 11th Premier League goal in the 6-0 thrashing of Watford on Saturday - a game his strike partner Sergio Aguero bagged a hat-trick in.
Since arriving in January, the 20-year old has played 977 minutes of Premier League football and having netted 11 so far in such a short space of time, he has a stunning minutes per-goal ratio of 88.2, which is better than any other striker to have reached 10 or more goals in the Premier League.
Aguero, who is just two goals away from becoming Manchester City's all-time top scorer having gone goal-crazy since his £38 million from Atletico Madrid in 2011, is closest to his colleague Jesus, averaging a goal every 108.44 minutes. He has 127 Premier League goals to his name, while he and Jesus as a partnership have found the net 16 times in the eight games in all competitions that they have started together.
Next up on the list of Kelechi Iheanacho, the man who was effectively pushed out of Manchester City because of Jesus' arrival. For a while, the Nigerian boasted the best goal ratio in Premier League history, having scored 12 for City, but his lack of game-time under Pep Guardiola, and failure to provide the goods for Leicester City following his £25 million move in the summer, has led to him dropping two places and possessing a ratio of 113.92.
Household names such as Harry Kane, Thierry Henry, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Luis Suarez and Robin van Persie all feature in the top ten, while Adam Le Fondre, who gave a good account of himself and scored 12 times when Reading played in the Premier League in 2012/13, gets in.
Here's the list in full:
More Like ThisMore Like This
1. Gabriel Jesus - 11 goals - a goal every 88.2 minutes
2. Sergio Aguero - 127 goals - a goal every 108.44 minutes
3. Kelechi Iheanacho - 12 goals - a goal every 113.92 minutes
4. Harry Kane - 80 goals - a goal every 119.53 minutes
5. Thierry Henry - 175 goals - a goal every 121.179 minutes
6. Adam Le Fondre - 12 goals - a goal every 124.33 minutes
7. Ruud van Nistelrooy - 95 goals - a goal every 128.19 minutes
8. Javier Hernandez - 39 goals - a goal every 134.03 minutes
9. Luis Suarez - 69 goals - a goal every 138.8 minutes.
10. Robin van Persie - 144 goals - a goal every 139.69 minutes.
(h/t Daily Mail)
Featured Image Credit: Premier League
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read