Manchester United Top The Premier League Table Since Bruno Fernandes Joined
Manchester United are the best team in the Premier League since Bruno Fernandes joined the club at the end of last January's transfer window.
Fernandes struck his latest goal from the penalty spot on Friday night, to earn Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side all three points against Aston Villa, his 11th goal of this season.
The former Sporting player has certainly turned fortunes around at Old Trafford since joining at the end of January last year and the New Year's Day win put them level on points with rivals Liverpool at the top of the Premier League table.
United to top their rivals in another table though, the one that starts after Bruno joined them on January 30th from Portugal for an initial £47 million.
1. Manchester United - 65 points (30 games played)
2. Liverpool - 62 points (30)
3. Manchester City - 56 points (28)
4. Tottenham - 54 points (30)
5. Chelsea - 52 points (30)
6. Everton - 48 points (30)
7. Southampton - 47 points (30)
8. Arsenal - 46 points (Goal difference +7) (30)
9. Wolves - 46 points (GD +2) (30)
10. Leicester - 43 points (30)
11. West Ham - 42 points (31)
More Like ThisMore Like This
12. Burnley - 40 points (29)
13. Aston Villa - 36 points (29)
14. Newcastle - 33 points (29)
15. Crystal Palace - 32 points (30)
16. Brighton - 29 points (30)
17. Leeds United - 23 points (GD +0) (16)
18. Sheffield United - 23 points (GD -21) (30)
19. Fulham - 11 points (GD -10) (15)
20. Bournemouth - 11 points (GD -11) (14)
21. Watford - 11 points (GD -13) (14)
22. West Brom - 8 points (16)
23. Norwich - 4 points (14)
United had originally wanted to sign Bruno in the summer of 2019 but dragged their feet over the negotiations and didn't sign the midfielder.
They then took far too long in January once again, only signing him right at the end of the month, and at that point a top four finish looked near impossible.
By the time the season broke for Covid the 26-year-old was already making a huge impact on the team and he continued to do so as they finished third behind champions Liverpool and Manchester City.
If he continues on this path they may soon top the actual Premier League table too!
Featured Image Credit: PA
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read