The 20 Greatest Ray Hudson Quotes That Sum Up Lionel Messi
"In America, we give hurricanes a name. If they ever call one Lionel Messi, you'd better evacuate."
I often run out of superlatives to describe the genius of Leo Messi, but I can always rely on another great of the game to give me the inspiration needed to truly understand how good this bloke is at playing football.
Ray Hudson, a former Newcastle United midfielder in the 70's, is iconic for many things but perhaps most of all is his love for the little magician.
The beiN Sports commentator was certainly complimentary of Messi's performance in last season's El Clasico.
"Centipedes fantasise about having one left leg as good as his." and "Defenders try to follow him on Facebook and he comes out on Twitter, that's how evasive he is" are some of my personal favourites.
More Like ThisMore Like This
Time and time again, Hudson has produced iconic quote after iconic quote about the five-time Ballon d'Or winner.
Here are 20 of his greatest quotes on Lionel Messi, courtesy of Quora:
- "They tell me that all men are equal in the eyes of god but this man seriously makes you think about those words."
- "In the United states, we give hurricanes a name. If they ever call one Lionel Messi, you'd better evacuate, people."
- "Waahhh.. are you kidding me? This man is absolutely mainline to pure footballing magic that belongs in a different galaxy altogether."
- "Welcome to Lionel's world, Where the insane becomes the predictable."
- "I tell you what, if Issac Newton was watching this man, he would be saying boy was i wrong? Astonishing from Lionel. Sweeter than a mother's kiss at bed time."
- "Again.. Where the insane becomes the routine with this man. He is nothing less than a ball whisperer."
- "AAHHH!!!!!.... Excuse me for being excited people, but we've just witnessed a goal that would wake up a catatonic! Astonishing skill that literally takes the breath away. Phenomenal football and there's no answer to that. You can't coach against this. It's pure genius is what it is!"
- "On penalty assist-- He's absolutely shakespearean, The Shakespeare got it wrong. It wasn't King Lear, it's King Leo!"
- "Do you wanna know what pure adrenaline looks like, in the human form? This is what it looks like and it's wearing a number 10 shirt."
- "Lionel Messi, you could drop a tarantula into his shorts and he'll still be cool."
- "It is like...he's playing a tambourine on his knee."
- "He soaks up the defenders like a paper towel soaks up milk."
- "Footballing's bird of paradise is fluffing his feathers beautifully."
- "Angles mean nothing to this man - he could decorate a rose and make it look better."
- "Messi invents passing lanes, he doesn't look for them."
- "He abides in the magnetic spectrum of genius with the ball. Pure footballing magic."
- "Lionel Messi, the nerve of a cat burglar. He's as cool as the seeds inside a cucumber."
- "Arrives like a witch on a broomstick and produces the hocus pocus in front of goal."
- "He arrives like a ghost in the night. There ain't any tracking of him....X-rays couldn't track this guy down."
- "They tell me that all men are equal in God's eyes, this guy makes you seriously think about those words."
Lionel Messi priceless
Happy birthday to the GOAT.