Thousands Sign Petition To Help Bury FC Return To Football League
Bury's EFL membership was officially withdrawn on Tuesday night after a takeover from bid from C&N Sporting Risk Limited collapsed, but fans aren't giving up without a fight.
A petition created by supporter Deborah Warrington has called for the English Football League to consider the offer of an international consortium.
Is is believed that SJ Global are ready to pay up to £7 million for a complete takeover should they be reinstated.
Despite the fact Debbie Jevans, the EFL's executive chair, has said there is no appeal process to force the governing body to overturn their decision, over 4,000 people have signed the petition at the time of writing.
It reads: "Calling all football supporters, Bury FC have had 1000s of messages of support. We need your help more than ever.
"The EFL need to consider the SJ Global bid. The initial offer was in before the deadline, the money is transferred as promised, and this does not need to go to court.
"The EFL messed up and did not explore all avenues and incorrectly thought the bid had been withdrawn.
"Please sign this petition and contact your own club and supporters association and ask them to provide messages of support for Bury FC and pressure the EFL.
More Like ThisMore Like This
Sky Sports report that the consortium will rescue the club if the EFL makes a U-turn on its decision.
The consortium has reportedly shown the EFL 'proof of funds' to buy the club and were in talks to complete a takeover on Tuesday.
Bury owner Steve Dale is believed to have said that two potential buyers are willing to rescue the cash-strapped club.
He, along with thousands of fans, want the EFL to change its initial verdict handed down to Bury.
It is believed that the EFL are set to have a meeting at midday on Thursday to discuss the situation regarding the football club.
Let's hope a sensible decision comes to fruition.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read