What Liverpool Defender Andy Robertson Did After Porto Drubbing Is Causing A Stir
Liverpool left-back Andy Robertson took the ball off a ball-boy and gave it to Sadio Mane after the 5-0 drubbing of Porto in the Reds' first Champions League knockout game for nine years.
The Senegalese international bagged a hat-trick at the Estadio do Dragao, his first in the Champions League, while his fellow frontmen Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino were also on the scoresheet in a dominant performance away from home.
Following his trio of strikes, Mane was of course entitled to claim the match ball as a souvenir. But when a young ball had the memento in his possession, Robertson intervened and ensured it made its way to his teammate.
Mane almost missed out on a special souvenir last night - but Robertson ensured he took home the match ball. :grin:
:point_right: https://t.co/6OwWckoFPH pic.twitter.com/MqKITjLScS
- Liverpool FC (@LFC) February 15, 2018
Andy Robertson proving again what a team player he is. A young ball boy thought he had a memento for himself, Robertson quickly spotted him and made sure the ball was delivered to Sadio Mane. A souvenir of spectacular night.
- Dominic King (@DominicKing_DM) February 14, 2018
"I had to go running after the ball boy for his ball at the end - he was nearly upset!" the former Hull man told the official Liverpool website.
"Luckily, I managed to get it. They were three class finishes from him."
Yesss what a bastard I fucking love it.
- Andrew Hunter (@JanKlass) February 14, 2018
Stealing from a young lad what a great human being. Need more people like him.
- Steven Hogan (@Stevehogan112) February 14, 2018
He's a ball boy. They collect the balls back in. I don't think they just keep them.
- AL (@_lakey_) February 15, 2018
More Like ThisMore Like This
Does he know that UEFA have about 12 match balls for each fixture? #multiball
- Justin Davies (@facoachjd) February 14, 2018
So he robbed a ball from a kid then :ok_hand:
- doesntmatter (@footlocker86) February 14, 2018
It's was a multiball game. Mane was asking Ref for the ball which he didn't have and Robbo ran over to collect one of the MANY balls from the ball boys
- Mark (@2pintWonder) February 15, 2018
Andy Robertson was that kid who reminded the teacher there was homework due
- Gwladys Street View (@GwladysStView) February 14, 2018
Andy Robinson was a prefect in school wasn't he the grass
- Gwladys Optimist (@GwladysOptimist) February 14, 2018
Stealing from a young child? What a guy
- Adam (@AdamG__96) February 14, 2018
Multi millionaire takes souvenir off ball boy to give to another multi millionaire. Go team
- Dominic Hill (@DomHill83) February 14, 2018
Yay Andy Robinson. Destroyed a young lads dream but got a multi-millionaire a keepsake.
- WeDontGoOnTheBreak (@FinKitch) February 14, 2018
Where do you stand on what Robertson did?
Sound off in the comments.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read