The 22-year-old centre-back, who has impressed for Los Nervionenses since joining the club from Bordeaux in 2019, was the subject of a £42.8 million bid from the European champions this summer.
That being said, the bid was turned down by tough negotiators Sevilla, who were reportedly holding out for £68.5 million.
I'd be extremely shocked if Chelsea agreed to pay the release clause of Jules Kounde at this stage. They want him....but not at any price #cfc
- Matt Law (@Matt_Law_DT) August 31, 2021
The Premier League club decided against submitting another bid for the defender and to the apparent fury of Kounde, a deal could not be made
Since the proposed move never materialised, the France international is said to be furious with the club for its handling of the situation.
Jules Kounde reportedly absolutely furious at Sevilla for not selling him to Chelsea. Apparently not answering the phone to Monchi or Lopetegui.
- The Spanish Football Podcast (@tsf_podcast) September 2, 2021
Sevilla sporting director Monchi has since explained the situation regarding Kounde's future in detail.
"Most of [the approaches were] rejected by the player himself but there was a club that he liked, which was Chelsea," he said.
"The first and only formal offer was last Wednesday, around five in the afternoon, with an amount that did not satisfy our desires and conditional on Chelsea selling a player.
"It was an important offer, considering the current world where there are so many hardships, but it did not meet our demands, conditions, or quantities.
"I spoke to the player's agent some time ago because the more time that passed, the more difficult it would be for him to leave. We put as a deadline the 20th, and we extended that to the 25th.
"We responded with a counter-offer with a deadline of last Friday night (the 27th) and they have not responded. Since then there has been no contact. Chelsea's formal offer, Sevilla's formal response, but nothing else."
Chill !! it's just lyrics, really not that deep :sweat_smile:
- Jules Kounde (@jkeey4) September 3, 2021
Featured Image Credit: PA
- Premier League Target Jules Kounde Sent Off For Throwing The Ball At Jordi Alba's Face
- Chelsea Make Move For £80m Jules Kounde But Face Stiff Competition From Premier League Rivals
- Barcelona duo Robert Lewandowski and Jules Kounde linked up to score stunning goal against Sevilla
- Barcelona registering Jules Kounde has relegated one of their players to the THIRD division