Dimitri Payet appears to be a wanted man.
Dimitri Payet is attracting interest from China. He's reportedly been offered a whopping contract by Chinese Super League side Dalian Yifang.
The Frenchman has been plying his trade at Marseille since January 2017 following a £25 million switch from Premier League outfit West Ham United.
But he could be calling time on his second spell at the French club amid speculation from Asia.
Ex-AS Monaco coach Leonardo Jardim, who's set to take charge of Dalian in the coming days, has targeted the signing of Payet according to France Football.
#ChineseSuperLeague:flag_cn: club #DalianYifang are interested in signing #OM captain Dimitri Payet. Former #WHUFC midfielder's salary could be tripled should he move to China with the #Ligue1 side reportedly looking for a fee between €25m-€30m. [@FranceFootball] #CSL #TeamOM pic.twitter.com/9UJMjUYcrm
- Chinese Super League (@ChineseFooty) January 9, 2019
Dalian Yifang looking to move for Marseille's Dimitri Payet, in a potential deal that would triple the Frenchman's salary (FF) https://t.co/CSXPdU8JNt
- Get French Football News (@GFFN) January 9, 2019
Marseille don't want to sell Payet. However, the club may be tempted to offload their creative midfielder who turns 32 in March.
The report claims the Chinese club have tabled a deal in the region of £27 million. What's more, they're prepared to hand him a contract worth a staggering £250,000-a-week.
If he does accept a contract to venture to the Far East, it'll triple his earnings. It's suggested the decision rests on Payet.
Plenty of players have opted to cash out and head to China for a huge pay day, will Payet be the latest European-based star to play in the CLS?
Watch this space.
- Dimitri Payet Is The Ultimate 'Streets Will Never Forget' Player, His Career Highlights Are Insane
- Dimitri Payet Scores Jaw-Dropping Half Volley, He Only Scores Worldies
- Footage shows every angle of Dimitri Payet's 'physics-defying' free-kick against Crystal Palace
- West Ham Fans Are Fuming After Marseille's Latest Announcement On Dimitri Payet