Keisuke Honda Offers Himself To Manchester United With Bizarre Plea On Twitter
Keisuke Honda has offered himself to Manchester United in a desperate bid to join the Premier League giants.
Honda, 33, is a free agent following his departure from Australian A-League team Melbourne Victory and he's hoping to land an offer from United.
On Twitter, he wrote: "Give me an offer. I don't need money but I need to play with great team and great team mate!"
Give me an offer. I don't need money but I need to play with great team and great team mate! @ManUtd @ManUtd_JP
- KeisukeHonda(本田圭佑) (@kskgroup2017) September 27, 2019
The Japanese attacking midfielder doesn't need the money. He just wants to play for a "great" team.
Naturally, his plea sent social media into overdrive.
Keisuke Honda to utd :heart_eyes:
- utdcover (@utdcover) September 27, 2019
Love this energy from Keisuke Honda. https://t.co/9eLAsAVbi5
- Matthew Santangelo (@Matt_Santangelo) September 27, 2019
Sign Keisuke Honda purely for freekicks
- Kojo :flag_gh: (@DatUncleOfYours) September 27, 2019
So Keisuke Honda has stolen my tactic of tweeting at football clubs asking them to sign me https://t.co/v1c7oLtQob
- :b:️ierre (@peadar_31) September 27, 2019
Okay, now I want to see Marcos Rojo as a striker AND Keisuke Honda at United. https://t.co/4x1apcFEDW pic.twitter.com/I4Zn8YrkCF
- Thariq Amir (@LeFalseNumber12) September 27, 2019
KEISUKE HONDA, YOU ABSOLUTE BOY, COME SAVE MY CLUB https://t.co/NN4K8eNcuD
- :black_small_square:︎ (@rawcass) September 27, 2019
Honda has played for Nagoya Grampus, VVV-Venlo, CSKA Moscow, AC Milan, Pachuca and the aforementioned Melbourne Victory during his professional career.
Honda to Old Trafford? Watch this space.