The 10 Greatest Premier League Midfielders Of All Time Have Been Named And Ranked
And Sportskeeda has now named Scholes ahead of Chelsea legend Lampard and Liverpool icon Gerrard in the rankings.
The publication called the former England international an 'expert playmaker who combined his unparalleled vision with near-perfect execution.'
Sportskeeda added that Scholes would often be 'lauded for being a complete player' and argued he was the 'metronome that made Sir Alex Ferguson's greatest Manchester United sides tick.'
Gerrard, who spent one season at LA Galaxy after calling it time on his extraordinary 17-year career at Liverpool, managed to finish ahead of former England teammate Lampard in the rankings.
The 40-year-old Rangers boss was described as the Reds' 'most exceptional player in the Premier League era.'
Sportskeeda also said that the second-placed Gerrard was 'one of the most mythological players in English football history.'
Lampard, who played for Manchester City, Chelsea and West Ham, finished third and was described as an 'influential midfielder' and a 'phenomenon.'
Other Premier League legends to make the top 10 include Roy Keane, Yaya Toure and Patrick Vieira.
Posted below are Sportskeeda's picks for the 10 best Premier League midfielders of all time.
10. N'Golo Kante (Leicester City & Chelsea)
More Like ThisMore Like This
9. Yaya Toure (Manchester City)
8. Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal & Chelsea)
7. Kevin De Bruyne (Chelsea & Manchester City)
6. David Silva (Manchester City)
5. Patrick Vieira (Arsenal & Manchester City)
4. Roy Keane (Manchester United & Nottingham Forest)
3. Frank Lampard (West Ham, Chelsea & Manchester City)
2. Steven Gerrard (Liverpool)
1. Paul Scholes (Manchester United)
Featured Image Credit: PA
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read