Raheem Sterling Ranks Higher Than Lionel Messi In The 20 Most Valuable Players In The World
Raheem Sterling has been priced at a much higher value than Lionel Messi in the transfer market, according to a shock report from the CIES Football Observatory.
The Manchester City star, 24, enjoyed a superb season with his side last term as he was named the PFA Young Player of the Year and won three trophies.
And the CIES has compiled a list of the 20 most valuable players in the world and Sterling's stock is placed at a whopping €207.8m in third place.
Behind him in fourth place is none other than Barcelona superstar Messi, who is valued at €167.4m in the transfer market.
CIES has placed Paris Saint-Germain superstar Kylian Mbappe at the top with a whopping €252m price tag.
Liverpool star Mohamed Salah beat Sterling to second place after he was slapped with a value of €219.6m.
Neymar, who is the most expensive player in the world after his move from Barcelona to PSG, is near the bottom of the list with a value of €124.7m.
Juventus superstar Cristiano Ronaldo is 20th with a transfer valuation of €118.1m.
Posted below are the CIES' 20 most valuable players.
1. Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain): €252m
2. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool): €219.6m
3. Raheem Sterling (Manchester City): €207.8m
4. Lionel Messi (Barcelona): €167.4m
5. Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund): €159.4m
6. Sadio Mane (Liverpool): €157.8m
7. Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur): €155.2m
8. Roberto Firmino (Liverpool): €144.2m
9. Antoine Griezmann (Barcelona): €143.8m
10. Leroy Sane (Manchester City): €137.1m
11. Bernardo Silva (Manchester City): €136.9m
12. Gabriel Jesus (Manchester City): €130.6m
13. Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool): €130.2m
14. Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona): €129.4m
15. Romelu Lukaku (Inter Milan): €125.2m
16. Paul Pogba (Manchester United): €125.1m
17. Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain): €124.7m
18. Marcus Rashford (Manchester United): €123.5m
19. Eden Hazard (Real Madrid): €120.7m
20. Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus): €118.1m
Surprised with the CIES' player valuations?
Let us know in the comments.
Featured Image Credit: PA