Kylian Mbappé Named The Most Valuable Under-21 Player In The World For Second Consecutive Year
Kylian Mbappé has been crowned the most valuable under-21 player in the world for the second year running, according to Soccerex.
The Paris Saint-Germain superstar, 20, outranked 19 other players to claim the top spot, with Prime Time Sport and Soccerex placing his value at an incredible £234.8m (€261.6m).
And Mbappé became the first player in history to smash past Soccerex's £200m price point.
Soccerex decided the valuation of the 20 players by taking into consideration their age, position, club, contract length, market value perception, international caps, minutes played, goals, injuries and technical quality.
Mbappé had a scintillating season with the French champions as he finished second in the race for the European Golden Boot behind Lionel Messi.
The former Monaco ace's valuation is more than double the amount of second-placed Jadon Sancho (£108m/€120.3m), who enjoyed a superb season with Borussia Dortmund.
Ajax captain Matthijs de Ligt, who was named the best under-20 player in the world, came third with a valuation of £66.9m (€74.5m).
England dominated the list with six English players representing their country, while France came second with four players.
Brazil has three players, Italy has two and Portugal, Netherlands, USA, Germany and Nigeria have one each.
According to Soccerex, this is the first time that no Spanish player has featured in the top 20.
But La Liga is represented with the likes of João Félix at Atlético Madrid and Éder Militão and Rodrygo at Real Madrid.
Posted below are Soccerex's top 20 most valuable U21 players in the world.
- Callum Hudson-Odoi (Chelsea): €31.7m
- Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal): €32.3m
- Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham): €33.8m
- Rodrygo (Real Madrid): €35.3m
- Ibrahima Konaté (RB Leipzig): €36.3m
- Declan Rice (West Ham United): €39m
- Phil Foden (Manchester City): €40.8m
- Houssem Aouar (Lyon): €41.6m
- Mattéo Guendouzi (Arsenal): €42.8m
- Nicolò Zaniolo (Roma): €45.3m
- Éder Militão (Real Madrid): €54.6m
- Christian Pulisic (Chelsea): €61.2m
- Vinícius Júnior (Real Madrid): €60.2m
- Gianluigi Donnarumma (AC Milan): €67.9m
- João Félix (Atlético Madrid): €71.8m
- Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool): €73.6m
- Kai Havertz (Bayer Leverkusen): €74.2m
- Matthijs de Ligt (Ajax): €74.5m
- Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund): €120.3m
- Kylian Mbappé (Paris Saint-Germain): €261.6m
David Wright, the Soccerex marketing director, said: "Mbappé's dominant position at the top of our ranking reflects his status as the most exciting and sought after player in world football.
"He looks set to remain a PSG player for the immediate future but if, as seems likely, he moves to a Spanish or English heavyweight in the years to come, our report indicates that his fee will be a record-breaking one."
Should Mbappé be top of the list?
Let us know in the comments.
Featured Image Credit: PA
Topics: Callum Hudson-Odoi, Phil Foden, Football News, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Vinicius Junior, Ryan Sessegnon, Rodrygo, Football, Matteo Guendouzi, Gianluigi Donnarumma, Declan Rice, João Félix, Jadon Sancho, Christian Pulisic, Kylian Mbappe