Tuchel was quizzed by Sky Sports touchline reporter Patrick Davidson as to whether United looked like a Ralf Rangnick team.
:speaking_head: "... No"
Thomas Tuchel is asked whether he felt he was playing against a Ralf Rangnick team in Man United pic.twitter.com/mVd8UImlR5
- Football Daily (@footballdaily) November 28, 2021
The brief, albeit awkward exchange was cut short by Tuchel responding with a simple: "No."
Rangnick is strongly tipped to be named as the Red Devils' new interim manager, but it is anyone's guess as to why this would be of any concern to Tuchel.
The responses on Twitter sum up this cringeworthy moment, as the reporter is promptly put in his place by the Chelsea boss.
What kind of question is that? pic.twitter.com/BtDYv4yAQn
- Mosalahjr:flag_bb: (@Jaden08959312) November 28, 2021
One asked: "What kind of question is that?", alongside an apt photo of a perplexed Roy Keane from a previous appearance on Monday Night Football.
That was the stupidest question of the century
- Darius The Mede (@DariustheMede_) November 28, 2021
Another tweeted: "That was the stupidest question of the century."
they need to revoke this reporter's license https://t.co/32yJSBkh7O
- KOD TIPS Zzzzz:flag_de: (@kingofdeedss) November 29, 2021
Meanwhile, there was even a call for Davidson to lose his job as @kingofdeedss tweeted: "They need to revoke this reporter's license." A tad harsh, perhaps.
It was a frustrating afternoon for Chelsea, who failed to keep pace with Liverpool and Manchester City over the weekend, as both sides recorded victories over Southampton and West Ham United respectively.
The Blues' lead at the top of the table has now been cut to just one point, but it has still been an impressive start to the season for Tuchel's men.
It was a welcome point for United after what has been a horrendous period at Old Trafford, as the Red Devils face a big fight to secure a top-four finish this season.
They are five points adrift of fourth-place West Ham and a huge 12 points behind Chelsea at the top of the table.
- An Emotional Thomas Tuchel Snaps At Reporter After Being Asked Questions About War
- Thomas Tuchel Gives Wry Smile After Being Asked About Cristiano Ronaldo
- BREAKING: Thomas Tuchel provides first comment on Chelsea sacking with statement
- Former Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel forced to leave England NEXT month