Mohamed Salah has once again been placed at the centre of controversy after his shock challenge in Liverpool's Champions League clash against Porto.
The 26-year-old Reds star went in for a tackle that caught Danilo Pereira, which many have labelled a potential leg breaker.
Check it out below.
Salah with a horror tackle. VAR didn't even look. ♂️ pic.twitter.com/KKVHeXyFVE
- Jake Heasman (@jakeheasman) 9 April 2019
How did Salah escape a red card after this? That too with VAR? Can only imagine if he was at the end of this. pic.twitter.com/BFRbPoF9ud
- M•A•J (@Ultra_Suristic) 9 April 2019
Mo Salah didn't get a red card for this... pic.twitter.com/Mmx4Yx0vfJ
- Sport Live Streaming (@SportLiveSt) 9 April 2019
Unsurprisingly, football fans have flocked to Twitter and expressed their outrage at the incident.
Fucking hell, just seen that salah challenge it's a horror tackle 3 match ban at least, how VAR did not pick that up is VERY VERY suspect.
- Comrade Maxwell (@1999_adam) 9 April 2019
Salah is one lucky footballer there. Horror challenge.
- Darren Davies (@DazzaDavies) 9 April 2019
Salah lucky to have stayed on the pitch after that challenge on Danilo Pereira. With VAR, him getting away with nothing was inexcusable
- hdc (@83nrique) 9 April 2019
Jesus. That Salah challenge! Could have broken that lads leg
- Bontan (@BontanUK) 9 April 2019
Jürgen Klopp's men sealed a 2-0 first-leg quarter-final win at Anfield, with Naby Keïta and Roberto Firmino getting their names on the scoresheet.
In other Champions League news, Tottenham Hotspur clinched a 1-0 victory over Manchester City at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium after Son Heung-min scored the winner in the second half.
The match wasn't without its controversies, namely for a VR decision that led to the reigning Premier League champions being awarded a penalty and Sergio Agüero being denied the opener.
What did you make of Salah's challenge?
Let us know in the comments.
Featured Image Credit: Jake Heasman/BT Sport
- Even European Judo Said Sergio Ramos' Challenge On Mohamed Salah Was Illegal
- Four ways Liverpool could line up in new 4-4-2 formation
- Harvey Elliott only eats brown bread for breakfast after Mohamed Salah's diet advice
- Jurgen Klopp Furious After Harry Kane Avoids Red Card For Studs-Up Tackle On Andy Robertson