Manchester United Players Have Been Slated For What They Did At Full-Time
Win, lose or draw, if your fans have decided to spend their hard earned cash on a Saturday afternoon, then at least applaud their commitment at full-time. It really isn't that much to ask, is it?
To my disappointment, that gesture didn't happen at the John Smiths Stadium on Saturday afternoon, as a number of players decided to walk straight off the pitch, avoiding thousands of away fans after the full-time whistle blew.
According to Manchester Evening News editor Samuel Luckhurst, the only players to applaud United's travelling support were Marcus Rashford, Jesse Lingard, Chris Smalling and Ashley Young.
Rashford, Lingard, Smalling and Young only ones who applauded fans. Rashford and Smalling went over to the,. #mufc
- Samuel Luckhurst (@samuelluckhurst) October 21, 2017
Of course, on the back of a disappointing defeat to newly promoted Huddersfield, emotions would have been high.
But fans expressed their disappointed by those players' decision to avoid applauding the away support on Saturday afternoon:
Apart from raahford and de gea no one should be allowed to leave the pitch
- R (@matematamatic) October 21, 2017
The rest did not because they were ashamed of those shambles and hopefully reality has settled in too poor a squad to compete for anything
- David (@DavidDvdmdala) October 21, 2017
Fergie would have forced all 11. Terrible attitude from too many big time Charlies.
- Ste (@Koemancentipede) October 21, 2017
The only English players in the team? (Jones went off injured). Maybe not a coincidence.
- Nick Marshall (@nmarshall1990) October 21, 2017
@paulpogba rashford smalling matic was the only players to stop today and show fans some respect the rest left him like this pic.twitter.com/4kJJm0q9LE
- steveo (@leesteveo76) October 21, 2017
Basic lesson in good PR for all footballlers out there. Go and clap the fans when you lose. Goes a long a way. https://t.co/FRir2LZ5cj
- David Preece (@davidpreece12) October 21, 2017
Thoughts on the decision to avoid away support after a disappointing defeat?
Let us know in the comments.
- How much did the Glazers buy Manchester United for?
- "It's difficult...we have emotions" - Manchester United star admits criticism has been tough to take
- Which World Cup players have been linked with Man Utd? Who United fans should look out for at Qatar 2022
- Glazer family release statement confirming they are exploring selling Manchester United